“The reason for the bad review is 100% due to staff / management rudeness.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The hotel itself is comfortable and conveniently located, reasonably clean, and fairly quiet. My review of one star is solely due to my experience with the manager / gentleman who runs the front desk. He was not only curt and rude at check-in, he had the audacity to actually yell at me and call me a "liar" at the top of his voice in front of many other guests. This was because at check-in he told me that there was no smoking in the rooms, and we would be charged a $100 fee on our CC if we smoked in the room. While I am a smoker, I do NOT smoke indoors, while at home or while traveling, as I do not want my clothing to smell of smoke, and it's inconsiderate of others. This manager asked me in the morning if I had been smoking, and I replied "no", thinking he meant "had i been smoking in the room". He then leaned into my face and shouted "You are a LIAR!! I saw you smoking in front of the hotel!" I then told him in a normal tone of voice that yes, I smoke, outside, but I thought he meant indoors. He continued to yell and berate me for a few moments, not listening to my explanation at all, and embarrassing me terribly in front of other guests. I have called corporate headquarters for the property to report this gentleman- I heard him yelling at another guest the next morning. He does not seem like someone who belongs in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 October 2016

This hotel appears to be recently remodeled and changed name from a Hometown Suites. But, the remodel needs more work as there are some things that were not updated. Most rooms come with a small kitchenette, with a stovetop, microwave and good size fridge. But there are limited utensils. Our room was considered a "suite", but in my book a suite consists of at least 2 separate rooms. This was just a very large room with a sofa, coffee table and desk. Also, if a room comes with a kitchenette, it should have a small dining table and chairs, this one did not. Most of this hotel has recently been repainted, but they need to go further with new carpeting and furniture. The carpet in our room was stained and dirty, and the sofa was showing its age. The bed was fairly comfortable, but was on a pedestal instead of a box spring and slid some off the side. Pillows supplied were small and too soft.
This hotel does offer a free continental breakfast, but it was very minimal, a handful of pastries, bread for toasting, and a waffle maker.
We stayed here 10 days, housekeeping was not the greatest. Our bedding was not changed once and they barely made up the bed. The carpet was never vacuumed. I also told the desk about a loud groan from the pipes when we flushed and one lamp that did not work and another that had been written on, neither was addressed.
The price per night was reasonable, less than $100 per night, which for the San Francisco area was quite good, but apparently you get what you pay for. It is about 30 minutes to downtown Frisco, and that is with good traffic. Traffic in Frisco can be quite heavy at times. There are quite a few decent restaurants in the area, and a lot of fast food and shopping centers, including a large mall with a mile.

Room Tip: Condos being built directly next door, ask for a room on the other side as they start early and con...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for about 25 Days. It was exceptionally nice and the front staff exceptional....always saying Hello, Can I Help You and Good Day, Sir, see you later. Room was well kept, with lots of amenities. Cleaning staff was nice, also. Could use better and larger pillows, though. Really great TV set up, nice location, and really very quiet. Refrigerator that actually WORKED, a microwave, sink, stove, pot and pan, dishes, real glasses (not plastic). Top of the line! And....if you have a problem or concern, they take care of it. Like this place a lot! Security also was top notch....I didn't fear anything.....and I'm very security conscience. too!

Room Tip: They negotiate pricing, too!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Pros: -The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean.
- we had a full kitchen..fridge, microwave, pots, pans, utensils! Love that!

Cons : Bathtub and sink had hair. The filters in the a/c had thick dust.
- Walked into lobby and was hit with the overwhelming smell of weed. I didn't like that especially while checking in with my kids.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016

My first time to this king of Hotel and stayed for 3 nights. Spacious room but have a particular smell. Perhaps b/c of kitchenette in the room with a few china and silver ware we did not used except glasses. No pots or pan though just maybe if we ask for it. The facility looks clean but the bedding's are not properly taken care. Not enough towels and soap to which they will provide since we asked. Breakfast are all carbs and sweets like bread with butter, jam, waffles, pastries, cereals, plus orange juice, coffee, bananas and apples. At that time the coffee was cold. They have laundry facility. And WiFi is slow. Management seems to be nice or trying to be nice so to be nice its 2 and half not more.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
0.2 km away
3.9 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Castro Valley

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!