“Local favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This is one of those places beloved by the locals and I have to say, I didn't get the appeal based on the burger. The burger is good, but the bun is too small for the meat patty, so while the flavor was good, the proportions were all wrong and halfway through I had a mess on my hands. Then a friend told me to give their breakfast a try, so we went back. Get the breakfast sandwich! It's everything you love about breakfast on large grilled sourdough bread... It's big enough for two people and delicious! We've had several breakfasts here and have enjoyed each one. The parking lot is narrow, the wait can be long on weekend mornings. The place is a bit rundown looking but when it's been around forever, you can expect that I guess. Shakes are also a favorite and enough for two, or three people.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I chose Val's based upon the reviews and I was not disappointed. A very tasty burger provided by a Mom and Pop place that's greets its regulars by name. They are pricier than your normal burger stand but you get what you pay for...juicy and flavorful burgers. My meal (mama burger and onion rings) and my son's meal (papa burger and fries) was $40.

Make sure you have cash otherwise you'll leave empty handed.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband saw this place on Yelp! And because of good reviews we went and tried it. There was a wait on tables because it was packed at that time. I love their burgers! Will come back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Val's has not changed and that is a good thing with their super-tasty hamburgers and great service...

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I don't know how they get their burgers to taste so good but they do. You have to bring cash. I went there for the first time in the mid-'70s as my student's family owned it. They lived in the house behind the restaurant. They no longer own it but the food is awesome.

1  Thank jhmaxwell3