US$109
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$86
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$191
US$102
US$104
US$99
Hotels.com
All reviewsbreakfast roomnice breakfast in the morningfront desksurely recommend this hotelwafflesmission blvdgreat wifilots of free parkingcalifornia state universityyoung guyrooms are cleaneast bayno elevatorcomfortable bedgreat roomgreat customer servicerefrigerator and microwave
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Room was clean, bathroom tidy and organized. The room lighting was dull because of the light bulbs. Bed was very comfortable. Happy with overall feel. Would stay here again. Price was decent. Easy drive to the downtown area for a choice of various types of restaurants. Found a nice ramen/Japanese restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t0nyr0me
KIRANKUMAR P, Manager at Quality Inn Hayward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We were pleased to read that you loved our facilities.

Manager
Kiran Patel

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I stayed at the Quality Inn Hayward this past Tuesday night. I have an 80 year old Mom that has trouble with stairs, and we were there for a funeral to bury my Step Dad. The cemetery was literally a few blocks down.

I have lived in Hayward for 14 years, just recently moved to Antioch. We requested two rooms next to each other on the bottom floor. When we arrived one of the rooms was ready the other wasn't.

Here is where it gets weird.They just finished a big renovation and it's noticeable, outside and in. However we stepped into my Moms room, and we couldn't close the door with out lifting up with all of our mite. The doors did not get replaced and they are very old with a large gap at the bottom.

Mind you we had suits, but the rooms don't have a closet to hang anything up. This was a very big disappointment. I think it's the first Motel I have ever stayed at, and I stay at plenty of them, that doesn't have a closet or at least a place to hang close.

I did like the job they did in the room. Laminate floors, easier to clean extremely comfortable bed, one of the best I have ever slept on, nice lighting, great wash basin and a nice shower. Also new large refrigerators with a small microwave was a great touch, and a wall mounted TV.

However, these rooms were not ready to rent.Our room smelled like the glue they use to put the floor down, it was really strong, and made it difficult to sleep. There was dust on the new furnishings, I asked the housekeeper to please clean the dust, had to keep pointing where the dust was. And paint all over the floor in some areas from the renovation.

They have new Amana heaters and air conditioners that worked effortlessly. It came to my attention that all they needed to do was give the rooms a good cleaning, air them out, so we don't choke on fumes and they would be set. After all, when you renovate there is dust, paint on floors that is just common sense and it does happen.

Both of our rooms were not ready to be occupied by guests,without a thorough cleaning. Then, it would be a great room, and very modern, Oh yeah and replace the old 70's doors with ones that fit.

So, I must say, I would stay here again,if the issues I mentioned were fixed. Very nice staff, and I was wowed by the great breakfast spread they put out. Scrambled eggs, Bacon, waffles, doughnuts, croissants, cereal toast coffee, tea it was excellent. Free WiFi which worked well.

I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends, if the above issues with the rooms were taken care of. Oh, something to hang close or suits would be nice also.

Bill

Room Tip: I would ask for a room up stairs. We kept hearing people walking loudly above us. Due to the laminate floors.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank willy550us
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Tried to sleep there last night 22 feb, but the room was "renovated" and got new mattress (with the plastic wrap!) and the smell of chemicals was terrible. As everyone knows all the manufacturer of mattress recommend leaving new mattress open in a ventilating area for 30-40 days before use. New mattress are sprayed with many cancer causing chemicals (anti bacteria, anti fungus, flame retardant etc). I complain about that and the lady at the front told me that was the only room available (curiously when I start looking for another hotel I still could find rooms available online). End of story, almost at 11PM with my senior mom and my 4yo kid (tired because we are on a road trip) I had to left after spending 5 minutes and US$100 to look for another hotel nearby. Better this than suffer from asthma, cancer, thyroid from toxic chemicals I found in the room of this hotel. Should I report this to safety regulation agencies?

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Hotel was decent but extremely noisy. Every time some ran water in an adjoining room it was noisy in my room. The front desk guy wasn't very friendly. The room was okay and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was hot and decent for this type of establishment.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

It has good services, like newspaper, breakfast, laundry room, vending machinnes, complementary parking and convenient location. The price is ok, based on the other options around. The rooms are average but nothing really big to complain about. I would say, I could recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't try to walk that much around the neighborhood.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo