“Great Wine”

Sapphire Hill Winery
Ranked #3 of 175 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: SAPPHIRE HILL WINERY AND TASTING ROOM, IN THE HEART OF SONOMA WINE COUNTRY, HEALDSBURG CALIFORNIA. Small lot producers of Dry Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Cabernet, Cabernet Franc, Petite Sirah, Merlot and specialty Blends like our signature wine Cinque Gemma and Cabochon. Wines from Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley and Rockpile. Please visit our tasting room to sample our wines and call ahead to reserve for private tastings in our barrel room, the ultimate food and wine experience on weekends.
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I have been visiting Sapphire Hill since 2007 when we first tried Porky's Patch Zinfandel on a barrel tasting weekend. We remember that wine being "divine" and have been going back ever since.

The staff at the tasting room are the best in the business and remember repeat visitors like family. I especially like the cinque gemma blend and the pinot noir.

A visit to the tasting room is always a treat and they frequently offer pairings, which I would highly recommend. They are always spot on with the food and wine pairings. It is definitely worth a visit to Sapphire Hill when in Healdsburg.

1  Thank TulaKitty
"spend an afternoon"
"wine club"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stop by and see my friends at Sapphire Hill Winery and enjoy some great wines and delicious food prepared by Lisa and the staff.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 23 October 2017

my husband and I are members.. we love how Chris and Lisa take care of us, there is always personal attention. Lisa is a fabulous cook--the pick-up parties are so much fun. The Saint (Zinfindel) is my favorite.
We have given up other wine club's because we enjoy Sapphire more than any other we have tried.

1  Thank marciefrantz
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had a great time. Lisa was a great host and made it fun with great wines, food and games! We are wine club members and always look forward to getting our shipments.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2017

It was pretty busy when we visited, as there was a private tasting/food pairing going on (which we didn't have time to do), as well as people inside the tasting room and outside on the patio. Because of this, service for our tasting was slightly slow but we didn't mind at all.
The wines we had were all great. The viognier (white) we tried was different than any I'd tasted before, but I enjoyed it more than I usually do. We tried a pinot noir, zinfandel blend, and a red blend - all above average in my opinion. Lastly we tried their sweeter red wine called Porky's 2.0 (has residual sugar). It's similar to a port wine in taste, but not fortified with brandy or the like. Really an excellent wine that can be paired with many things - and won't break the bank like a port wine!
Aside from the wine, we also tried an absolutely divine brownie bite with a hint of raspberry jalapeno jam in it and topped with caramel and sea salt. Pair that with any of their red wines and be prepared to be astonished.
Lastly, we tried a small sample of their homemade barbecue sauce, which very well may have been the best BBQ sauce I've ever tasted. We deeply regretted not having time to do a food/wine pairing, so don't make the same mistake as we did! The wine alone was excellent, though, and you can't go wrong visiting here.
If you have the opportunity to talk with the owner/chef Lisa (I don't think her husband was there at the time), she is such a warm, hospitable, and genuine personality. We of course bought some wine, and will definitely return here in the future.
As a side note, this is a boutique winery. They don't produce hundreds of thousands of cases of wine, and I think that is one aspect that makes them special. I highly recommend supporting boutique wineries like this, as they have often have very passionate and talented owners, staff, and workers.