“European-style hotel with great service”

Madrona Manor Wine Country Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Palo Alto, California
“European-style hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

European-style hotel with great service. The setting is unique for the area, with original but meticulously updated architecture. Large rooms with luxurious amenities. I have a bad back so worry about hotel beds, but this was better than my own.

The grounds are full of native plants and large swaths of perennials and annuals. There's also a kitchen garden. For someone who loves such things this is a special place.

I came early and found a random chair in one of the gardens of the property. Five minutes later someone happened on me and asked if I needed anything. This kind of service is not typical these days! I was sipping some wine in the shade within 10 minutes of parking.

Room Tip: I had a room in the manor and it was very large.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rebecca W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I held our wedding here last weekend and can't say enough about the place. Service and food were perfect...without any issues. Kacy, the event coordinator, was EXCELLENT to work with. The grounds were perfect and it was a memorable evening for all guests. Go go go while you are in Healdsburg...they will not disappoint.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank membc
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Madrona Manor for two nights for my birthday celebration and ate at the restaurant on the second night. We had one of the front master bedrooms in the Mansion. The balcony had a beautiful view overlooking Dry Creek Valley and was outfitted with comfortable chairs and an umbrella.

The room was large and worked better for us than B&B/inn rooms often do -- we had room for all our luggage and there was a small desk for working on a laptop. The bed was very comfortable. The day we arrived it was cold and raining (very strange for the end of June!) and the fireplace gave the room a cosy feel.

Breakfast was good, and dinner in the restaurant was excellent. The grounds are lovely and we enjoyed strolling in them. Overall, this was one of our more successful stays at a B&B/inn.

One negative -- there is no refrigerator in the room or for guests.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank octeckels
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Already gave Madrona Manor a glowing review two years ago when we first stayed there, but felt it was time to update our initial impressions. Since that first visit, we've stayed at Madrona Manor about three times and eaten there about five times, and it's always been an incredible experience. So much so that when we decided to get married this July at a local winery, we chose Madrona Manor for our wedding dinner, hoping to treat our family and friends to a truly memorable event. And thanks to their wonderful staff and terrific chef, I think we did. We started with cocktails and appetizers in the garden and then moved on to the beautiful Amber Room for the rest of the meal, which we topped off with their special ice-cream sundaes in lieu of wedding cake. Service was flawless, the food even better than we had remembered, and the atmosphere was magical. About 10 of us stayed there overnight and we all loved our rooms (my husband and I had a second-floor room in the mansion with a sweeping view of the valley--just perfect). I highly recommend Madrona Manor for a special event--their extremely helpful staff will make it very easy for you and I am sure that your guests will be as pleased as ours were.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Belllemont
Clearwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Absolutely incredible customer touch with Champagne in our room on my birthday along with a birthday greeting! How special is that and who takes the time to add that warm touch? That was a wonderful and almost certain to guarantee return trips....

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
2.0 km away
16.5 km away
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Madrona Manor Wine Country Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!