“As Reviewed”

Chef Melba's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Melba's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 138 Restaurants in Hermosa Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th street
Reviewed 28 February 2016

We returned to Chef Melbas after awhile. The food was good but I have to say that my paella was more like a cioppino with rice rather than a paella. My wife had the butterfish which was also tasty but it really did not come with anything else like a starch or some veges which seemed odd to us. We enjoyed the eggplant board as a starter. We really appreciated the opportunity to taste the wines by the glass before making our selection- a generous and kind gesture. Since the space is small, arriving early allows for a quieter meal if that is what you seek.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

After being seated I realized I was unable to hear my friend across the very small table, so he checked the other areas and they all were way too loud. So we asked our waitress if she could turn the sound a bit lower and she said "Not likely, the chef likes it loud" So if you want to talk to your company during dinner, this is not the place to go. Now to the food. The appetizers were good size and very tasty. My salad had very sweet strawberries and fresh greens, well made. The daily fish was properly grilled and the accompanying sauce was very tasty. Service was good. Dessert was tasty and nicely sweet. I would come back for the food, but only if I want to go alone.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The food scene in the South Bay has become pretty intense. There are a lot of great options out there. So it might be easy to pass by Chef Melba's Bistro, but you would really be missing out. Chef Melba is an artisan and it shows in everything she does. The restaurant is small enough to feel her touch on every dish. The ambience is simple and elegant. Every experience we have ever had was delightful and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

Recommended by the Beach House and all but booked out on a Thursday night, we enjoyed our best meal in the Staes in 3 weeks including Vegas.
The food, presentation, service and quality were all perfect. The scallops are to die for along with the whole fish being the best meal so far in 2015.
Must do restaurant!

1  Thank GILLRI
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I love this restaurant! It's small & cozy... Great for date nite with your man
I frequently have gone here & not been disappointed . Her specialty seafood creations are wonderfully gourmet ,a change of pace for the casual beach. I've also used her for a special occasion party catering.
One warning- parking is difficult or non existent. Try cabbing it or über

1  Thank gina D