Hotel Glencairn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Check Inn(Cape Town Central)
Colona Castle(Lakeside)
View Hotel
The Last Word Long Beach(Kommetjie)
  • Pool
Steenberg Hotel(Constantia)
Tintswalo Atlantic(Hout Bay)
View Hotel
Tudor Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfriendly servicefish and chipslifedivedeckglenlunchviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

This is a budget hotel from where you can explore. It is the perfect base and have a lot to offer. The rooms are basic with little amenities. I would however really recommend this hotel. The views, location and restaurant are very good. Friendly service.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

The Glencairn Hotel is an adorable old Victorian style sea side spot. It’s above a lovely little restaurant and pub so anything you need is just a few steps down the stairs. I was really surprised staying there on a Saturday night that is was pretty quiet upstairs in my room.

If you’re looking for a quiet weekend away that’s value for money in a otherwise random stop on the way to Simon’s Town then this is the place for you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Our AirBnB host suggested we stop for lunch at Hotel Glencairn on our way to Simon’s Town, and we thanked her for it later. We sat on the shady terrace, out of the hot sun but enjoying the sea breeze. We ordered two of the chef’s specials: the bangers and mash (a big hit for our teenager) and the pan fried calamari (perfectly cooked, but the lemon garlic sauce was too salty). And my wife loved the fish and chips (substituting salad for chips). Very friendly service, and very affordable, considering the outstanding setting.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I think one has to decide how you want to rate a place that has been around for as long as you have. The hotel has been here since before I arrived in Cape Town in 1977. It was a dive then but has since really picked up the pace and become a bit of a landmark. Well done to some spruced up decor and good service. Food I'm afraid average. Couldn't say exactly what it was that didn't do it for me but we decided the rest made up for it. I would definitely visit again but maybe not for the food.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Despite being a 'local', have never been to the Hotel in Glencairn before. Always thought it was a bit outdated and a dive......okay, I was seriously wrong!

Went for dinner after reading that 3 out of the top 5 Veg Burgers (daughter a Veggie) were my side of the mountain (Ou Kaapse Weg/Silvermine) and that the Hotel did an awesome Veggie Burger.

Was pleasantly surprised - yes the bar is old and in need of modernizing but the locals love it and it has character a plenty! The food menu was seriously good and varied and the Veggie Burger did not disappoint!

Had the fish and chips which were excellent and my wife had Calamari which tasted fantastic,. Owner and staff were very friendly and the experience was very cool. Since then I went back over a weekend for a pint and take in the views of the valley and the surf - a windy day but you are sheltered by the deck so its well worth a visit. Live music and great food and the place was buzzing!

The Owner has apparently made serious improvements to the Hotel (including the rooms which are slowly being upgraded) and if you are looking for a decent clean room over Christmas that will not force you to sell your Bitcoin....this is the place. I will be making this one of my favourite watering holes!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family