“Good standby”

Taco De Ojo
Ranked #436 of 611 Restaurants in Huntington Beach
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

In the Bella Tera wana be fancy restaurant places, this place is a homy nice place. Very low key with a great staff. Food use to be better, but the staff makes up for it. Good drinks and nice place to hang. Fish tacos still yummy.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

After watching a movie in Bella Terra with my older daughter and wife, I talked them into trying the nearby Taco De Ojo restaurant. I did not notice that it was a Sports bar until going inside and getting a table. The waiter told us to pick any p table we wanted. Most of the tables needed to be cleaned. If I would have thought about it a little more, I would have chosen a outside table as my daughter and wife are not football or baseball fans and had no interest in watching any of the games on the TV screens inside the restaurant. You have to enjoy watching the games to tolerate the noise level inside the restaurant. The menu looked pretty good. I ordered a Short Rib Tamale for $8.99, My wife ordered a cheese enchilada and rice. My daughter ordered a Beef Tostada Bowl for $10.99. We all thought our food was average Mexican fare. My tamale had too much masa and not enough beef. My wife thought her enchilada was tasteless. They do have a good selection of beer including a half dozen beers on tap. Very good service. The first thing the waiter did was to clean our table after we sit down.

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

I was craving Mexican food and work close by. So I tried this place out. As I walked in my feet stuck to the floor. Yuck but hey...maybe someone used the wrong cleaner when mopping, right?..maybe? Staff was nice but much more interested in what they were doing than helping customers.
Food was not awful and the guacamole was delicious. It just felt run down more like a dive bar than a good Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 14 June 2015

Thought I would give this place a try. A great place to watch a game and good service. They did offer Taco Tuesdays, be sure to read the outside postings.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

After a couple of long work days we headed to TdO to relax. The drinks, food, and service were outstanding. The bartender made the atmosphere with his can-do attitude and friendly demeanor. I will return at my first chance!