“Captain jacks”

Captain Jack's Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Great! We love going here. It's the reason we chose this location. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I went to Captain Jack's for my birthday before I left CA. I was very disappointed. I have eaten there many times and always loved it. OUr service was mediocre, food the same. Everyone at our table felt the same.

2  Thank Mary Jo C
Reviewed 13 July 2017

this is an old established restaurant in Huntington Harbor that has been run by generations of Haley's. Jack Haley Sr. was a noted local surfer and his son Jack Haley Jr. was volleyball player as well as an NBA player for many seasons.
All of the menu items we have tried are great but if you've never been there before you have to order the King crab legs, their specialty.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I had read other people's reviews and expected a wonderful dining experience. It was definitely not! First it is hard to find a parking space. I guess there is off street parking somewhere, but it is not clearly marked. Second, they can not accommodate the guests that do not have reservations (my bad for not checking). So my party waited over 90 minutes in a dimly lit dingy bar waiting to be seated. Then, we were seated at a table where one of the seats was in the traffic pattern for the kitchen. The dining room was just as dark and dingy as the bar area and I am not sure what made the table so sticky. The menus were so large and the table was so small there was no comfortable way to read the menu without interfering with the server traffic to and from the kitchen. When we finally got our food, my chicken was so dry that I could not eat it.
Our experience was so bad that I could not wait to pay the bill and get out of there.

4  Thank Deb7091954
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The lobster, shrimp, and giant King Crab Legs are cooked to perfection, and the portions are very generous. I always end up taking home a "people bag" of my left over crab legs. I eat my crab legs the following day on a nice big healthy salad, so I enjoy 2 days of Captain Jav's delectable seafood. Each meal starts with a delicious salad, and the desserts are delicious. I celebrated my 50th birthday at Caprain Jack's and the service was impeccable for 12 people who attended.