“Great beer, food and atmosphere @ reasonable prices”
Review of Idyllwild Brewpub

Idyllwild Brewpub
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Fine handcrafted beer and exceptional fare.
Description: Fine handcrafted beer and exceptional fare.
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Visited on a quick Sat night trip. We had Fish & Chips (probably the best i've had in CA, big piece of fish, not too flakey or dry: just right) and Steak Salad (tender pieces of steak, balanced with blue cheese and onions). Good portions on both for $14 each.

Bread pudding desert was very good (expensive at $8), but no whipped cream. Would have been a great topper.

I had the Czech Pilsner and my wife had the four taster. Her favorites were the Scottish ale and Oatmeal stout.

We ate outside, which was warmed with those gas fire heaters. Inside was nice, but maybe on the smaller side. Service was very attentive and good clean-up on a busy Saturday night. They had live music, but it was inside.

The owners clearly spent a lot of money on this place.

Overall, we were very pleased with everything.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

The Idyllwild Brewpub is located in a small shopping center called Strawberry Creek in the lower portion of a building housing other businesses on the main floor. Descend the stairs on the side of the building to a nicely appointed restaurant/brewpub serving quite a few craft brews as well as cocktails and a menu of pub type food. My wife had a Bloody Mary that was not very good – she was unable to drink it. I had a pretty good IPA that I enjoyed. Food was ok but not memorable. While they were admittedly busy, service at the bar was slow, curt, and inattentive. Better service probably at a table. Atmosphere was loud, much more suitable for young folks than for us of the older set. Recommended for the beer, not the cocktails, food, or atmosphere.

2  Thank NationalParkHiker
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Delicious variety of unique beers ranging from light Belgian ales to dark and rich wee heavy Scottish style ales with many surprising varietals in between. Savory steak salad, burgers and mussels. Don't forget to try the crisp french fries, not to mention the homestyle cookies for dessert. So many fabulous beers to choose from that we enjoyed beer flights, allowing us to taste a greater number of beers. Loved them all.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in at this lovely brew pub and received excellent service immediately. I have been in the restaurant business for 20+ years and can recognize a genuine, hard-working heart, that brings a great impression to the table. Our server, Terry, definitely enhanced our experience. We are also world travelers and beer connoisseurs. We really enjoyed the new craft beers.