“Excellent !”
Review of Hidden Village - CLOSED

Hidden Village
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We wanted to try the only Chinese food in town so we went to Hidden Village (the restaurant is hidden in the trees and is just adorable!)

We opted for the outside seating and sat under a big umbrella on an elevated deck that overlooks a peaceful neighborhood.

The food was amazingly fresh. We had the sweet and sour shrimp (shrimp fried to perfection and served with a light and delicious sauce) and BBQ Pork Fried Rice (really - the best, freshest fried rice I think I've ever had)

Loved it. Will go again !

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Last time I was here was 4 or 5 years ago. I have been here many times over many years & always thought they served excellent Chinese food.

What happened? Atmosphere is still the same but the quality of the food seems to have sadly declined. I'd call it mediocre at best. Now I'm wondering if I thought it was so good before because I was so ravenously hungry from the 10 - 15 mile hikes I just came off of.

I would not return here since there are so many better options in town.

Nice feature - indoor or outdoor seating & casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Perhaps we're spoiled being from L.A. with many excellent Chinese restaurants, but this was truly terrible. Maybe we ordered all the wrong items, I don't know, but returning will never happen.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

It was as good as I have ever had! Surprised I could find it in the mountains... Everything was delicious!!!!!!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to give it a try on a recent weekend stay. We ordered fried rice, Buddha delight and the Pork Loin as a takeout. Upon getting to our hotel, we discovered the fried rice wasn't fried, fresh or edible. The vegies weren't fresh - just a microwaved bag of "oriental vegies" and we couldn't describe the pork --- all horrible. We took it back and demanded our money back which we received. Don't waste your money on this place.