“Casual, Cozy, Friendly”
Review of Idyology

Idyology
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Reviewed 14 May 2018

A local told us that we wouldn't want to have dinner here because it's "just a bar." Good thing we ignored the advice and tried this place.

There were plenty of locals in the bar and restaurant. The atmosphere was friendly and casual. As you walk in, you'll see a big wood-burning fireplace with couches and lounges for seating. One man was playing guitar and singing. Another fellow sat in with him for a while, and the two played a number of great old songs that I hadn't heard for decades. To the right of the fireplace is the cozy bar and lounge.The bartenders were friendly. One of them made me a complimentary mint julep. They were sometimes busy with other activities around the restaurant though, so fit could take little time to get one's drink refreshed.

They serve Eagle Rare bourbon, which was a rare treat. They also have some decent wines by the glass.

We ate in the dining room, which is small, with folksy decor. Beyond that, there is a pool room. There are more tables and chairs in there, but admittance is restricted to folks who are 21 or older. They also offer patio dining.

My husband and I split an order of fish and chips. They were very accommodating, and allowed us to have one piece of deep fried salmon and one piece of deep fried cod, as well as 1/2 an order of fries and 1/2 an order of tater tots. All the food was crispy, light and tasty.

The only downside was that their iced tea, while freshly-brewed, was a black tea with mint. I prefer plain black iced tea.

We made a reservation for dinner, but could have also eaten in the bar had a table not been available.

While the bar is one of the best parts of this place, it is more than "just a bar." I think that the dining area is suitable for families with kids.

We'd definitely come back here if we were to return to Idyllwild.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We went there after a friends gathering for some live music. We had a great time. Wonderful mysic and great atmosphere

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Fun, laid back atmosphere with great decor. Outside seating nr the creek, indoor fireplace, bar Great burgers, interesting menu and live music.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

First time first impression....Visiting the area for the weekend and went here on the first day we arrived. This place doesn’t open until 12noon. Menu is the traditional Bar menu. It is a bar restaurant combination with a bar atmosphere. The pace has a cozy fireplace where you can hangout and play board games while having cocktails. We had lunch and entree’s were grilled cheese and fries, Cobb salad, a basic bacon cheeseburger with fries and I had the Mother Nature veggie sandwich with sweet potato fries...I also had the veggie chili and it was served warm/lukewarm and for $6 a cup it was a little disappointing. I’m not the type who will point it out to the server and have them reheat my food when it should’ve been done right the first time and besides, When you go to a restaurant , you go to eat there expecting your food to be served how most people would expect it to be served and it’s not my responsibility as a customer to tell you how to do your job....anyway, I had request avocado as an add on for an extra cost. So the three entrees were served except my veggie Sand and as is at there picking at my veggie chili while m table ate ( the chili is cold at this point)...by the time my sandwich was served 20 minutes later, the 3 people I was with were nearly done in fact one of them were finished. When my meal was served The sweet potato fries were cold unlike the normal fries I had picked from my party’s meal. To top it off the cook or whomever forgot to put avocados in my sandwich.

On the positive side, the ambiance is comfortable , the server was nice.

1  Thank Carl B
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Really a fun place inside or out back along the stream. Big wood buring fireplaces inside and outside. The bar where we ate is cozy and very inviting. Daniele will take care of you for food or cocktails. Ebveryone is friendly including the locals. I had a bowl of New England Clam Chowder that was hot , full of tender clams, potatoes, thick and creamy and a touch of spice. Really a fun time.

We ahev had dinner here too and it's just as good.

1  Thank John R