Hollywood Inn Express LAX
Diamond Inn(Inglewood)
US$95
US$105
TripAdvisor
All reviewspizza hutwould stay here againthe rooms were nicefast food restaurantsparking lotno frillscvselevatorexterior
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Wasn’t in the best area. They need to upgrade on the blankets there. You got to have thick skin to stay here. There were some shady characters hanging around here. The breakfast was the bare minimum waffles, toast and juice would’ve been nice to have boiled eggs at least. I was awakened out of my sleep who was pretending to be lost quickly shooed them away. I would recommend getting a security guard here. On the plus side the rooms were clean, the housekeeping staff I encountered was nice and pleasant t. There is a refrigerator in the room, but mo microwave. The young man who checked me in was pleasant. The smoking on the balcony is also unpleasant. Overall, it wasn’t a completely bad experience.Nevertheless, some changes need to be made. I would stay here again. I know what to expect,and it’s inexpensive. I don’t scare easily. You can also get cheap great foo very close, and you can access the public transportation nearby. It’s easy to navigate and get to downtown, Hollywood and other areas. I even found a bus that takes you directly to the airport after paying 25$ for a cab when I first arrived.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I read some of the reviews before we got to the Hollywood express.
Got kind of scared and almost turned around but we didn't.
We got a room on the top floor (they had an elevator) and it was a very big room.
Biggest bed we've had during our trip and we loved the fact that we had a fridge in our room (most motels didn't offer this)
Clean towels everyday.
We didn't use the free breakfast (which wasn't really a breakfast for us)
Overall not disappointed but very pleased

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I flew into LAX about 7 hours before the rest of our family that was flying in. We needed a place to just rest for a bit before heading back to the airport to pick up our family and head to Disney. Almost all of the hotels in the area were over $120 a night during our time, and I really didn't want to pay that just to recharge for a few hours. I was a little skeptical after reading the reviews, but for the price we found, we took the risk. I'm glad we did! The Inglewood area itself isn't the most welcoming place in the world, but it's really really close to the airport and the staff at the hotel was very nice. The room looked freshly renovated, smelled clean and after inspecting the mattress and foundation, I found the bed to be on the new side too. This is definitely a no frills stay, but if you need a safe, clean place to catch some sleep before or after a flight, I would definitely recommend Hollywood Inn Express. There is even a free breakfast, which looked pretty nice- but we are tourists from the East Coast so we drove to Randy's donuts, which was less than a ten minute drive.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017

The rooms were nice here and it is just a few minutes from LAX. I found the rooms to be modern with newly renovated bathrooms and nice non carpet flooring. Nice size rooms with a fridge and microwave.

The hotel still uses the old style blankets (not the quilts that have a washable cover) but they looked clean and I saw the housekeeping staff taking them out of the room to wash.

Has free wifi and breakfast of which both were a let down. The wifi obviously could not handle the load and I could not even check my emails. Breakfast was cornflakes, white bread toast and some waffles. There was coffee, juice and water.

It is a budget hotel but was cleaner than other budget hotels I had stayed on during my recent travels. The biggest let down was the noise. The parking lot is under the rooms so the cars coming and going with the radios blaring was annoying.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We checked in at around at noon not expecting much from appearances. the receptionist was very rude, but after getting our keys we head upstairs, in an old stinky elevator that was outside.

Our room was very dirty and smelled. After looking at the beds we saw hair and some stains on the sheets. So we asked to get another room, which was even worse. The 2nd room actually had blood stains and more hair on the bed. And some other stains from other bodily fluids... yuck.

We immediately went downstairs and got a refund and left. We headed down the street and stopped at the comfort inn, but it to wasn't very nice so we went to the Westin. Which was the best decision that day. Sure they charge 35 USD for parking (we had 2 cars) but we didn't care as we could sleep comfortably, feel clean, and not feel unsafe leaving your room at night.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business