“Clean, quiet and comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 15 May 2017

The hotel has recently been renovated and so it is really very nice inside and out. Our room was great, very quiet and comfortable. The manager also accommodated my request for a room without an adjoining door to the next room so that it'd be quieter for us and I was very appreciative of that. Breakfast was the usual, but well made and very filling - lots of choices. If you're visiting this area of the California Gold Country, I'd definitely recommend staying at this HIE.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The location is fine, a little outside the center, but that also garanties a good night sleep! Nice for a short stay (1-3 days) to check out the area or when you are there for business.
I had a small issue with the toilet, which was directly solved within 5 minutes by the manager. Clean room, nice bed and a nice complementary breakfast.

Room Tip: Does not make much difference; maybe the backside is a bit more quiet. This due to the parking lot a...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2017

The overall cleanliness and look of the hotel was nice. I enjoyed the room size and comfortable bed and pillows. Also, greatly appreciated the free breakfast. However, the reason for my stay was to participate in a mixed martial arts event so there were several other fighters on site, as well. Generally, we need to shed a few lbs to make the required weight for weigh ins. I was disappointed to find that both treadmills in the "fitness" area were out of order, thus rendering the room a play set for children. So I opted for the hot tub. To my dismay, the hot tub was as cold as the pool, itself. I go to the front desk and ask politely if there's any way the problem could be resolved in a timely manner and she assured me that it was an easy fix and that the maintenance guy would be in within a few minutes. She also promised to update me by phone. None of this happened. I called two more times to the front desk and the response had changed to "we will ask the supervisor." I waited for a couple of hours until I physically walked down there and the response was again, "I'll ask the supervisor." After another half hour (I received zero updates), I walked back down and asked again and they said they needed to wait for the maintenance guy to come in (same guy who was suppose to be in hours ago). I was never recommended an alternative place to workout or find a sauna/hot tub and was left having to leave the hotel to find a place on my own just hours before the weigh-in when I was assured hours earlier that it was an "easy fix". Anyway, aside from that particular issue, my brief run ins with the housekeeping staff were very nice and friendly. Fine place to stay if you're just looking for a place to sleep and get some quick breakfast, but not if u plan on working out or relaxing in the hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Jordan E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our rooms and we certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our breakfast selection. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the level of service your received from our front desk staff, and for not living up to your expectations regarding our fitness center. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 March 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while spending the weekend with my family, living in Pioneer/Volcano area. This hotel was a little further away than I would have liked, but it had all the amenities we needed and more! The hotel was clean, modern, had a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, and flat screen TV. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. We didn't get to enjoy the pool area, but it looked lovely. The staff was friendly at check in and the breakfast in the morning was very nice. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I would definitely stay here again! The staff was super friendly. The hotel lobby and dining room was spotless, and our room was clean, too. The bed was comfortable. I loved the cubby holes in the bathroom to put all my stuff in. Just to be nit-picky, I would've liked the bathroom sink outside the bathroom and for the bathroom door to stay open if I wanted it to - I had to prop something up against it to keep it open. At night, it was hard to keep the room a constant temperature, the room would get warm and the A/C would kick on - then get cold, then shut off until it was too warm again. The breakfast was pretty decent - cheese omelettes one day, scrambled eggs the next, sausages, pancakes, biscuits & gravy, muffins, cereals, fruit. They had chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon in the lobby (yum!). And I really appreciated that you could buy a can of soda for $1 in the vending machine. We loved the location - Raley's, movie theaters, a couple of fast food and 2 Mexican restaurants all within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
0.8 km away
18.7 km away
Pioneer Inn & Suites
Pioneer Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Pioneer

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!