“Peaceful and comfortable cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Spring lilacs at Cathleen's Country Cottage
Winter snow at Cathleen's Country Cottage Blooming Apple Trees on Our Circular Drive
Check Availability
Cathleen's Cottage Kitchen
Cathleen's Cottage Dining Area
Cathleen's Cottage Bedroom
Living Room and Two Futons
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Debbie H
“Peaceful and comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 27 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband, and I stayed in Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage for a get away weekend, along with our dog. All of us felt very comfortable in the cottage, and the dog was very happy to have a fenced in area to run and romp. The Cottage has a well equipped kitchen, and plenty of towels and bedding. We took a long, peaceful walk every morning through the neighborhood to start our days. The owner was very pleasant and helpful and encouraged us to call if we had any questions or problems. This was our first trip to Julian, but we will certainly return in the future and would love to stay in this cottage when we do.

31 Oct 2017
Thank you for your clear review. I hope that you will return for another stay in the future!
Owner Nada Cathleen Grigsby
debra c
San Diego, California
“Pup Vacation Heaven”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is about 2 miles from Julian proper. It is an older but clean and well-kept home in a cluster of mountain homes. It is still very private due to elevation and trees. I loved the ton of windows! There were 5 in the bedroom! The breeze just flows through. There is a ceiling fan in the dining and bedroom, main area air conditioner (it was chilly while I was there so I didn't use it). There are floor fans and space heaters in the closets. The futons and loveseat convertible provide additional sleeping but it was me and the dogs for most of the visit. There are tons of sheets, towels, and blankets/comforters/quilts. The property is secure for dogs and has a split yard in the back with an additional gate. There is a charcoal BBQ on the deck and a lovely woodburning stove inside. We had all we needed for both operations. The birds, cats, squirrels, and a skunk entertained as well as two clear nights for star and moon watching. The kitchen was adequate and roomie for 2 people to work together.
The one thing lacking would be a hammock for the back yard space, under the trees.

15 Jun 2017
Thank you for being such a considerate guest. I appreciate your suggestion about the addition of a hammock!
We look forward to the possibility of your return in the future.
Nada Cathleen Grigsby, owner
Jesus G
San Diego, United States
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Very roomy and charming cottage in a very quiet area in the Julian Mountains. Definetely a pet and children friendly enviornment , my grandson and the whole family loved it! Great bird watching too.

20 Apr 2017
Thank you for your review.
Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage is a great place to stay, and explore the beautiful Julian area.
Felicity...
“Romantic and family friendly”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed here on a cold weekend with my husband, toddler, baby, and three friends. The cottage was very clean, beautiful, cozy, and had everything I needed and more. I was thrilled to find that the kitchen was stocked with every supply for cooking and baking, which I took advantage of. We even baked with some of the delicious little yellow apples that grew on the tree outside! (I would come back even just for those apples, they were so good). The wood stove in the livingroom was easy to use and added a special coziness. The bed in the bedroom was comfortable and had a beautiful quilt and pillow shams. I took a photo of my baby sitting on the bed with the light coming in from the windows that turned out just beautiful! The place had such a wonderful feel to it. We loved it, and will definitely stay here again!

16 Mar 2017
Cathleen's Pet Friendly Cottage is a cozy, comfortable haven for families with children. Our front deck is a great place for weekend barbeques. The Julian area is well-known for its apple orchards and apple pies. We are surrounded by national, state, and county parks that are great for hiking and horse-back riding.
michaelga...
San Diego, California
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Had a great relaxing stay at this nice little cottage. I was amazed at all the little things, blenders, pots, pans,everything we needed and then some.The other thing I noticed is how clean everything was, all fresh linens you could smell without trying. My 2 sons, my wife& I had a great time. We even ate a bunch of apples off the tree out front. Those are some super sweet apples.

16 Mar 2017
Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage is a great getaway for families. Our cottage is very clean and comfortable. We are located in a residential, Julian neighborhood, and are within two miles of Julian's historic gold-mining town. We invite rental guests and neighbors to pick apples from the apple trees on our property.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$149
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing