“New spot for food with a view!”

Salt and Stone Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Kenwood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have only been once but look forward to going again. The menu has options for everyone, meat and seafood. The calamari was tender with a light crispy batter. Yum. I had the crab melt. My belief with crab dishes is you must not overwhelm the taste of crab with strong sauces or too many ingredients. I definitely knew there was crab and it was delicious. The views are wonderful of the vineyards. Can’t wait to try some other dishes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I wondered whether Salt and Stone could measure up to the predecessor restaurant at this location, the Kenwood Restaurant. I am happy to say the meal I had was terrific! My quiche was excellent. The crust was perfectly browned and flaky. I couldn’t ask for anything better. The egg, cheese and vegetable portion of the quiche was also perfect. The serving was robust enough that I was able to take a large part of my serving to enjoy later. The salad greens were lightly dressed just as one always expects them to be but doesn’t always find them to be.

I will most certainly return! Next time, for dinner instead of lunch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Dined on Sunday March 25th. Everything was good. Three of four dishes needed salt. The grill person on the line did a great job. Please update your stemware, so we can have a Pinot and a Cabernet glass instead of one size fits all. Three different salts on the table w/ a spoon laying on the top. Nobody told us what kind of salt/s they were. The waiter was kind. Please don't pour so much in my glass the first time around. The oysters were fantastic, so was the Caviar appetizer. PS: a 1/8 wedge of lemon is not enough for 12 oysters. Excellent Short ribs, Niman Ranch pork chop was the bomb! Filet cooked perfectly, lacked salt. The fresh tomatoes in the Cioppino threw so much water/moisture that the dish tasted diluted. I would go back

1  Thank Perry R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We live about ten minutes’ drive from here and always enjoyed the Kenwood restaurant that was here before. We so excited to see the restaurant name up after the fires and the parking lot very busy for lunch! We got in for an eight o’clock reservation in about five or ten minutes. Not bad for a crowded restaurant on Sat. Night. We had French onion soup that was delicious. The cipiano was super or so my husband said. I had a huge hanger steak perfectly cooked with veggies. Took home about half for another dinner. Had a nice Lassiter bottle of wine—winery outlet about five minutes away. Did not have dessert as we were full. Bread accompanied the dinner. Some restaurants are putting rolls on the side for three or four dollars so this nice. We will be back, maybe for the bistro dinner. Both my husband have a little challenge hearing so we knew it would not be a place to sit and chat, but we got along fine. It quieted down after nine but I would rather have a full, busy restaurant than one that is quiet but struggling! Will make reservations to come back soon!

1  Thank corkiek
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have become regulars at Salt and Stone.
We went there a week or so after after they opened and yes, there were several improvements to be made: service, food delivery and eventually food preparation.
No restaurant becomes a Michelin Star eatery after a couple of weeks.
Since we live only 3 minutes away from Salt and Stone, we did not want to judge this place after our first visit...let's give them a chance, and it worked. They got beter and better. Service improved drastically, timing became close to perfect and Chef Arturo and his team got things working the way it should.
Our last visit was at a banquet for 25 guests: service, food, wine service..everything was done wonderfully well.
We love the place, the bar has a great menu at happy hour. We meet new and old friends at each of our visit. The dining room may be a little noisy...try the best restaurants in San Francisco, New York or Paris, they all are noisy. It seems that noise is the new chic.
Thank you for being in Kenwood, and continue your great venture
Paul and Mary Jo