“Good place”
Review of Koh Pos Guesthouse

Koh Pos Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Koh Pos Guesthouse
Ranked #130 of 239 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Its out 2nd time in this place, we stayed here for about a week.
The staff are very kind and smiling all the time, the service is good.
the location is good - near the gold lions, near the casinos, 3 min walking to the beach.
it was 15$ for room with two beds, hot water, air con, freeze, cable TV.

Room Tip: ask for a room with windows ! same price but bigger rooms !
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I had made a reservation for this hotel using asia rooms.com ten days before New Year's Eve.
Sihanoukville is a busy place at this time of year...

The day before we were travelling to sihanoukville the hotel owner emailed me saying: " sorry, I have no from for you. We are full.".... We rang the hotel, but they were useless, asia rooms are just as bad.

Obviously everywhere else was fully booked in sihanoukville so we couldn't go there for NYE...thanks koh pos!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Worst place I have ever stayed overcharged for everything staff didn't compromise charged me £35 dollars for a few bed sheets. Every day we heard drilling and banging at 6 in the morning. Staff didn't seem to care they just wanted our money. The rooms were acceptable in standard but the noise was unbearable.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently and loved it. I wasnt expecting much considering the reviews on TA but was pleasantly surprised. We had walked the length of sihanoukville's main street searching for accomodation but only found overpriced guesthouses and hotels which mainly smelled like damp but this guesthouse was different. We got a double A/C room for $13 per night. Its a good location about 5 mins walk from the beach. There is no wifi in the rooms but the lobby has some. We actually picked up the signal though in our room so we were happy.

The hotel is only a new build and all the rooms are spotless and bright. Bathrooms have good showers and hot water. The staff were always friendly but their lack of english sometimes frustrated us. They have a 24 hour security guard who always had a smile for us. We loved sihanoukville and stayed much longer than we originally thought here.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

As my title suggests, this is the worst place you could possibly stay even if it is quite low on the price scale.

Rooms are very basic, with gaps of around 2 inches under every door so the noise (which I will expand upon) from outside your room is constantly turned up to full volume.

We have stayed in around 8 or 9 different places in Sihanoukville, in both high and low season so I know what to expect.

Unfortunately dishonesty and a permanent headache are not what I want from a hotel.

1st night we checked in we were out till very late and didnt return until 01:00am. We were woken at 05:30 by a number of guests using our balcony for cigarette breaks and extremely loud chats. I had to go outside and take the chairs located there and put them in our room to discourage them from returning, this didn't work.

It then became apparent that it wasn't just guests who thought it acceptable to be so loud as the staff were equally if not more deafening! Constantly shouting to each other up and down the stairs.

Then it got worse and it's only 06:00am!

Workmen arrived with hammers drills and what seemed like a percussion orchestra.
They then proceeded to carry out a huge amount of building work, on what I'm not sure, but they sure loved banging their hammers on the tiled floors.

As we were up for the day we decided we'd go out as there was no way of returning to sleep.

Arriving back at 15:00pm the noise was still horrendously loud. I asked the reception if we could move rooms to a quieter part of the building and was told "full" but "noise stop in one hour" and was assured that "they no return this week".

At 21:20pm I had to return to the reception to demand that the work stops. At 21:45pm the banging finally abated.

At 05:30am the next morning we were again woken by staff shouting. At 06:45 the workmen returned.

Checked out and refused to pay for the room.

Dump with paper thin walls and awful customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012