Ferrari's Crown Resort
US$69
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshot tublake tahoea lake view roombagelsprivate beachincline villagecontinental breakfast isinternet accessdouble bedrooms are cleancoffee makerpoolsmoteltubsshorenorthstarlakeview
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have registered, emotional support animal (ESA), but these jerks would not allow me to stay there because he wasn't a dog or mini pony. Who travels with a pony?! My cat is fully registered thru NSAR and has papers, tags, vest, etc. I also have letters from two doctors saying I need him.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
TahoeCrown, Public Relations Manager at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

We're sorry that our pet policy doesn't allow cats. We hope you were able to find a pet-friendly place to stay.

-The Staff at Ferrari's Crown

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a city girl that gets caught up with the work grind. The mountains were calling, and felt like I had to disconnect. Last minute reservations leaves one with little to none options. I'm glad I stumbled upon this place. Crown from the outside seems outdated. Inside it is has some old mixed with some new renovation. Not bad.. clean and comfy beds are a plus. Very quiet at night, I was so rested. Exactly what I needed.
Not a place if your trying to work on a getaway. Dial up internet in rooms. Very family oriented. Not pet friendly. Everything is conveniently around you.
The tv didn't work but I didn't mind. I like the staff and vibe at this place. Reminds me of a vacation resort from the 80s like from my childhood.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The rooms were small but clean and neat. The staff was very helpful and polite. Centrally located right on the water for easy access to other beaches, restaurants, and hiking trails. Liked the quietness of North Shore more than the crazy bustling south shore. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

When I booked this room online I had NO idea we were getting a room without AC!! If I had known that I wouldn't have booked it!!! Come to find out you have to pay extra to have a room with AC! Needless to say my husband and I didn't sleep very well. The only reason I'm giving a "2" rating is the room and bathroom were clean.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TahoeCrown, Public Relations Manager at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Most of our rooms do not have AC as we are an older property. In the area, the average nighttime low in the Summer is in the mid to upper 40s, so we recommend that our guests open the windows to cool off.

-The Staff at Ferrari's Crown

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We had a nice stay here. Request a room on the back side of the property if you can to keep you away from the road. The inner courtyard area was almost like a small camp with many kids walking around. Two pools. Two hot tubs. Beach area. Several decks, including one with a gas grill. Breakfast is only from 8-10 and has pretty limited food options. Two buildings to the east there is an AWESOME coffee shop that opens as 6 though so you don't have to wait until 8 to get coffee. You can walk to parasailing, the public beach and a playground. Very nice location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the lake, away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family