“So good I came back three nights in a row”
Review of Cafe Milano

Cafe Milano
Ranked #50 of 1,251 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$13 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The Italian food is great. And so is the hospitality. This is a family run place and they are very welcoming. Everyone was very friendly, cheerful and sincerely wanted to help me enjoy a great meal.

I highly recommend the tiramisu, the owner makes it himself fresh every day and it is fantastic.

I had different dishes every night and loved them all.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit to Cafe Milano. The staff were very attentive, the food generous and of good quality. Wine list is approachable, very fairly priced. Only complaint is that the food could use a little less salt, otherwise very good all around.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I am pretty sure I already reviewed this restaurant and my review was very positive. We ate there several times in the past and were never disappointed. Our latest experience was not as good at all. We ordered Lasagna Bolognese that is supposed to have meat inside. There was no meat at all. We called the owner who is doing everything himself for lunch : taking the orders, sending the request to the kitchen, serving the plates and writing the check. His answer was : " this is Milanese Lasagna ". We reminded him that we ordered " Bolognese Lasagna " and asked him where the meat was. He to.d us he would inform the kitchen to put more meat in the future, and disappeared. No excuse.
It was not a question of price because " Bolognese " and " Milanese " were the same price. It was mainly a question of getting what you order. We decided this was our last visit to this place. Restaurant owners need to realize that their business rests on consumers.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This restaurant was nothing short of superb! Family owned, friendly atmosphere, and the food was outstanding. Alfredo was so attentive to our needs, yet not invasive. Did I say the food was outstanding? Save room for the limoncel truffle. You can't leave La Jolla without dining at this great restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Complete accident that we found this place and boy are we happy that we did! My three kids and I, after a long day at Belmont Park, were greeted warmly at the door and seated by a window. Our server was gracious and welcoming--felt like dining in a family member's home. Pasta clearly tasted homemade, and the minestrone was hearty. We were treated to a slice of delicious tiramisu at the end of our meal. We will DEFINITELY return on our next visit to La Jolla!

Date of visit: August 2017