Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$258
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$208
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$249
  • Pool
The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$229
Hotels.com
Biltmore Motel(La Jolla)
US$225
Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$249
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,270 results
All reviewspink ladywhaling barcafe la ruebeautiful hotelocean viewlobby barbottle of champagnevalet parkingsan diegorooms are smallcenter of la jollasea lionsscripps parkgorgeous viewsold schoolthe entire staffan older hotel
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Staying here now. Staff couldn’t be better. Tremendous customer sservice. Poolside staff was exceptional. Location is walking distance close to all LaJolla top restaurants and shopping options. Short cab ride to the hotel from airport. Our ocean view room was a little bit of a disappointment. The ocean view was between buildings. Carpeting was stained and door on bathroom vanity was held on by velcro. WiFi was horrible, I had to log in constantly. This is an iconic hotel with a very nice vibe. My room issues would not deter me from staying here again because of the exceptionally accommodating staff and special ambiance.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mw595
Melissa K, Marketing Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear 'Very Good' Guest,
We so appreciate loyal guest feedback, so thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you giving some kudos to our staff - our team is the main ingredient for personable service. We're sorry to hear that your room and view didn't live up to expectations. We are currently in the process of refreshing our rooms which includes replacing the carpets and updating all of the bathrooms. We're terribly sorry for your WiFi issues, and we would be glad to have assisted you at the front desk.

We're excited to get to show you the results of our refresh during your next stay!
Kind Regard,

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I had been gone for a long time and planned a vacation with my son, his wife and 2 boys. I went through a lot of trouble to find just the right spot and to get my son and his wife a nice room with an adjoining room. I was told they would have ocean views and a king room with two queens adjoining. When we got there their view was of the air conditioning unit on the roof and their room was titled Petite Chambre (little bedroom in French). I was then informed they had nothing else available that adjoined until the next night (we were staying 4 nights). Of course the next day nothing was available that adjoined and with a 4 year old and a 2 year you have to have the rooms adjoin. I will never go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bernocco2017
Melissa K, Marketing Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. Here at La Valencia, our team strives to create an over-the-top wonderful experience for our guests and were disappointed to hear that we missed the mark for you.

We understand that you were dissatisfied with your adjoining rooms and the view from them and that our reservations staff was unable to assist you better with your desire to relocate to another part of the hotel. Please know that we are using this feedback to improve our guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 19 March 2018

If you love the sound of the ocean and be able to walk across the street to walk in the park then on sand and smell the ocean air then this is your place to stay. My husband and I had a lovely time staying there for a staycation, it was so relaxing and refreshing! I feel pretty confident that you will never forget your stay at this Hotel, so lovely.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Melissa K, Marketing Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review! Our team is elated to hear that we were able to make your staycation relaxing and rejuvenating for you and your husband. We're glad that your stay with us is now a fond memory, and we hope to get to make more wonderful memories with you in the future!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is the type of hotel I love to stay at: nice, historical, definitely not soulless. It is THE hotel to stay at when visiting La Jolla. It is located just across the street from the ocean on a little hillside, with some rooms having an amazing view on the ocean side. La Valencia has a great location also in terms of a variety of restaurants within 3-minute walk.
Since it is more an “old” type of hotel getting around it might be a bit tiring as there are many stairs and two or maybe three elevators that are very busy sometimes. If you don’t like it – look for a chain hotel.
I stayed on the ninth floor which actually is a second floor from the entrance/front desk level with a view on a little square across the street from the hotel. The room itself was very spacious. It also had a little kitchenette and a balcony which was shared with a room next door. Room deco was nice but a bit used. Bathroom was also quite big and had both shower and a bathtub.
Downsides: 1. Check-in time is at 4:00PM and the front desk underlined that fact when people tried to check-in earlier. But, sadly, my room and the rooms of many people from the group I stayed at the hotel with were not ready until 5ish. So, after being told that I should be expecting my room before 4, I get it at 5:15 – really? I had a meeting at 5:30 – so rushing to get ready is something I hate, especially that I was not planning on last minute preps.
2. On a windy night I was woken up by the sound of my balcony door slamming (locked in the evening). I freaked out that somebody got into my room from the outside – it was 3 or 4am. It finally turned out that the wind unlocked the door. I realized later than when I saw my balcony door open in the evening the day before it was not the cleaning service that left it open – but the wind that did it.
In the end, I would like to underline that besides two little negative things the hotel is great and I will definitely be back when I am in La Jolla.

Room Tip: Book a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Melissa K, Marketing Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this incredible feedback. La Valencia is definitely located in the heart of the Village of La Jolla, steps from the picturesque La Jolla Cove and a short and surrounded by a collection of great shopping and restaurants. Our team is glad to know you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room.

I understand that you were dissatisfied with your check-in time and the lock on your balcony door coming open during a windy night. I want you to know that we are using this feedback to improve our guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We hope we can exceed your expectations and earn a 5-Star review from you for your next stay.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I can't comment on every aspect of the hotel as we only went in for a drink but on that experience I would not hesitate to return and stay if I'm ever back in La Jolla.
From walking into the foyer the whole place exudes style and class. By no means large, it has a Mediterranean feel and a sense of old style Hollywood glamour. The lounge is beautiful although its long narrow shape means that it doesn't make the most of the wonderful ocean vista from the far picture window. Service was friendly and efficient and my Negroni perfectly mixed. The sharing board of charcuterie and cheeses was well presented and delicious. Yes, prices are not cheap but like The Del at Coronado, one is paying as much for the atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison52
Melissa K, Marketing Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great review. Our team is genuinely thrilled to know that La Valencia continues to make magic moments for our guests. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Negroni and the charcuterie board in our grand hotel lobby bar La Sala. We hope to share more special memories with you in the future.

Kind Regards,