1,651 results
All reviews mustangs and burros adobe restaurant salk institute hospitality fee wine bar beautiful grounds glider port san diego outdoor fireplace self parking ucsd campus per day beautiful hotel bottled water pool area is valet staff upon check
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Out first visit was through Hotel Tonight and for just one night. We were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this place was and we knew we would come back some day. My husband surprised me for our 30th wedding anniversary for a 3 night stay and we received the Costco partners discount which included a $30 breakfast. The hospitality team were impeccable and surprised us with a bottle of sparking wine. The grounds are so beautifully planned that which ever room you stay in is beautiful. This pool is refreshing and relaxing with cabanas available for those who need a reprieve from the sun. The bell hop was engaging and helped us with the next leg of our trip. The breakfast out on the patio was delicious everyday. The rooms are beautifully decorated and we love the bathrobes available.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. It is lovely to sit out there for breakfast or an evening drink of wine.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

First and foremost, Happy 30th Anniversary! What a lovely surprise from your husband, we are absolutely honored that you both chose us to celebrate such a special day with. The cabanas by the pool sure do serve as a sanctuary on a hot California day and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed them! Thank you for such a lovely 5-star review, we hope to see you again this time next year!

Reviewed 17 September 2014

This was a nice little resort and spa. I was here for a conference and the entire staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The Mustangs & Burros bar was great for light fare and cocktails. Again, very, very friendly staff. You can sit outside by a wood burning fire, or inside, which is very cozy. I had breakfast at the Adobe Restaurant and would recommend it. Get the Chilaquiles breakfast - yum! The grounds are gorgeous. In fact, a wedding took place on one of the outdoor lawns while I was there. The rooms were a nice size, decorated in a modern style and very clean. The spa-like atmosphere continued into the pool area; there were comfortable lounge chairs and covered areas. The resort is an easy walk to Black's Beach and the Torrey Pines Glider Port - both great places to watch the sun set. If you're with children, I would not recommend taking them down to Blacks Beach, as it is a nude beach, and the walk down to the ocean can be a little treacherous on a winding concrete, dirt and wood path that is washed out in places. However, kids and anyone, would enjoy watching the hang gliders come in to port. Finally, it's worth mentioning that it is a long walk down the hill to the village of La Jolla. You will need a rental car. Bottom line - I recommend it for a great weekend getaway or for a 50 person conference.

Room tip: I had a ground floor room that walked out to a nice, grassy lawn. Very nice!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

We know how important having a seamless stay is when traveling on business and we are elated to here you had just that. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your meals at Mustangs & Burros as well as at Adobe El Restaurante. Thank you for taking the time to share with us all your positive thoughts on your stay, your notes on the staff will surely be shared, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2014

Estancia La Jolla is my favorite hotel getaway in San Diego. Its lush gardens, fantastic service and comfortable guestrooms always provide a relaxing retreat. My family and I stay at Estancia often and are always impressed by this hotel. Last weekend I treated myself to a day at the spa. The treatments were some of the best I've had...and I've beem to a lot spas. Brisa the spa manager did a great job in creating the services and the therapist Mazey was simply...amazing! We enjoyed the pool and the carne asada tacos and margaritas were delectable. Highly recommend Estancia La Jolla!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Your 5-star review is much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share all your positive remarks with is. It is wonderful to hear you so greatly enjoyed your time at the spa and your wonderful comments will surely be shared with the staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I stayed a few nights and had my daughter's wedding - and I never imagined everything will go so smoothly and flawlessly - I highly recommend this place!
The rooms are beautiful, the courts and public halls are perfect for events and gatherings.
I liked a lot this place and I'm looking forward to go again!

Room tip: I liked the third level - and it is at ground level, veranda rooms. Very good tee in the room!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mircha P
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Congratulations to you and your daughter and thank you for choosing us for this special day. We are elated to hear you had such wonderful experience. We know how important it is for days like this to go flawlessly and are overjoyed to hear it went off without a hitch. Thank you for your lovely review of your overall experience, we hope we are able to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2014

We stayed for two nights at Estancia La Jolla. We have stayed numerous times for pleasure, and it has always been positive. The rooms are spacious and quiet, and the bed and linens are luxurious. If you have time, visit Mustangs and Burros for lighter fare and cocktails in the open patio, or Adobe for breakfast and lunch! Room service was prompt - best club sandwich with home made kettle chips! Definitely a great hotel for business or pleasure!

Room tip: Choose rooms on the 2nd level for a very quiet stay and private patios!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marlo K

It was truly a pleasure to read such a positive review from a recurring guest. We are happy to hear you enjoy both our restaurants as well as the luxurious linens. Again, thank you for continually choosing Estancia La Jolla, we are looking forward to your next stay.