“Hiker”
Review of Prep Kitchen

Prep Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Prep Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,249 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our menu features a contemporary style of dining that is more fluid than a traditional coursed meal. We will serve a steady stream of new American cuisine - from sizzling platters of meats, seafood, pastas, and New American twists. These shareable dishes can be enjoyed in our chic, residential atmosphere, with lively music paired with craft beers and wine.
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

When we first were seated to our table, there was a hard cover book on the table. I thought perhaps someone had left their book. Turns out this the menu? Flipped through trying to figure out which page had the drinks, food etc. I just want a menu! The waitress brought single page menu. So, I ordered fries, shrimp tostada and the power bowl. The food wasn't bad but, it was very, very pricey! The fries were salty shoe string style with 3 dipping sauces. How can you dip a shoe string fry into three dipping sauces. I could barely dip it into ketchup! $15.00 for one shrimp tostada with hardly any shrimp on it! This place is so pricey,its ridiculous! I don't mind spending money, but this is ridiculous!!

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Great innovative dining yet unpretentious....Lovely, cozy seating both inside and outside in the heart of La Jolla not far from the beach. Wonderful service, thanks to Michele. Try the bacon wrapped figs. Great assorted of dishes for dinner, brunch and lunch including a yummy tuna melt with caramelized onions, salads, meats and local fish. Relaxing......and friendly

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The outdoor seating and warm lighting makes this a lovely date night venue. The service by Tyler (I think?) was great and the menu had plenty of options. The meal sizes were ample, to the point where we shouldn’t have really gotten the starter! It was a fab location before we headed off to the cinema across the road.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Good spot for small plates. Yellowtail tartare, chilled poached shrimp, cheese board. Enjoyed the seared scallops entree. Had to send back the fish of the day (halibut), undercooked. Brought a new filet (perfect) and took off the charge. Also brought an extra glass of wine with an apology from the kitchen, which was nice. Friendly service.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I had been wanting to try Prep Kitchen & was not disappointed. My steak was cooked just the way I wanted it. We didn't have a reservation, but got seated in a timely manner. I would defiantly come back. We sat out on the side patio, so I don't know what the other part of the restaurant looks like. The waiter was very attentive & helpful with his recommendations.