“Warm Hospitality and Delicious Food in a Cold Weather ”
Review of Thai Island

Thai Island
Ranked #562 of 1,231 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

In the Christmas Eve it is usually hard to find a restaurant to welcome. Let alone the warm hospitality and perfect food. The Thai Island was a perfect place to call to dine in. Full selection of Thai cuisine with seafood and really warming dishes. The famous Yom Sum hot soup was a good start. Followed by wide variety of mouth watering dishes. I highly recommend this place for all occasions.

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Very good panang curry & pad thai. They were out of fresh spring roll wraps when I was there so that was kind of a bummer. Good service, busy LITTLE place. I love Thai food & have eaten at many different spots all over the US (have yet to make it to Thailand!) & this was delicious. Veggies were fresh & flavor was on point. We'd visit again!

Reviewed 10 January 2016

First, the restaurant is in San Diego DOWNTOWN not La Jolla as the listing suggests... The place is small and good for a quick thai lunch in downtown and the staff friendly...

Reviewed 11 November 2015

You wouldn't think that a tiny place hidden among a sea other tiny places would be so good, but it is...
The restaurant has a few tables inside and a small patio - It's always busy at lunch but the service is fast and the food always comes out consistently fresh and tasty. The strange thing about the place is that it isn't just Thai food which they do really well (Love the Panang Curry and Pad Thai) but they have a small sushi bar and it's equally as good. They don't always have the full selection of seafood as advertised, but what they do have is very fresh and well made. We go at least every other week for office lunch...We can always depend on the food being well done and the order is always right. The ladies are very friendly and polite - Feels like going to someone's house - Go there...You won't be disappiointed

Reviewed 6 April 2015

We ate here on Thursday night and it was extremely good. It is located in downtown San Diego, only minutes from the zoo. The phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover" is written specifically for this restaurant. When we walked in the door, we were greeted by the nicest lady in San Diego. She is the owner of the restaurant and made our experience enjoyable and memorable. My husband loved the sushi and I thought that the pad thai was the best I've ever had. My girls loved the chicken fried rice and we all thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers. The service and food were exceptional. I wish she would move her restaurant to Montrose, CO!