“Great seafood deal in the desert”
Review of Pokehana

Pokehana
Ranked #24 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Great little place that gets busy fast, and you can see/taste why when you go there. It's in a corner of a strip mall along 111 just east of Washington. Saw their sign one day while driving by and decided to check out their website. Was interested enough to head out there on my next day off, and it is not much of a stretch to want to do that as I love seafood so much, and got hooked on poke after going to Hawaii last year.

You can order bowls with pre-set combinations in them, but I much prefer to do the make your own thing, and add whatever I feel like that day. A couple different rides to pick from, several different kinds of seafood, a number of vegetables and sauces and other toppings -- get creative! The bowl looks great with different colors and textures, and tastes wonderful too. There are soft drinks and beers and a few wines I believe. There are seats inside and out, or you can carry out. Prices are very reasonable for what you are getting. I just wish they were closer; we stay in Palm Springs (but I heard they might be looking at opening a place there too?)

Reviewed 21 March 2017

WE had lunch here last week-just by chance we stopped! Some in our group knew about poke dishes while I did not. It was so yummy! I had the popular tuna/hana bowl. The freshness of the ingredients was to perfection. The owners stopped by our table to see how our meal was and most interested in hearing any feedback. Well, we had nothing but good things to say. We will be back!! This is a hidden gem!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Talk about a deal! Had the tuna/salmon poke dish and it is just fantastic! The flavor mixes - the spice on the poke - the different textures. Just a fabulous meal!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Set meals or mix your own, staff helpful to poke virgins
Food good and different, inexpensive, filling, tasty

Reviewed 3 February 2017

I've been back several times since Pokehana opened nearly a month ago. It's like a fast food place, but the Poke is incredible and healthy! So nice to have some healthy place to go for fresh fish Poke, on a budget and healthy! I've tried several of the Poke dishes they create with Tuna Hana, which has such a wonderful combination of flavors going on. This is worth a try, I promise you will be back again and again!