“What a surprise!!”
Review of Pokehana

Pokehana
Ranked #26 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We recently moved to La Quinta and I look on trip advisor often for suggestions, reviews and ratings. Pokehana had not come up on my regular search for sushi or restaurants at all. I have driven by several times and it looks rather unassuming in a strip center so I googled it and found that it had a 5 star rating in Trip Advisor after all. We went last night and it may be my new favorite fast food. You stand in line like other made to order restaurants (chipotle comes to mind) and choose your own ingredients to put in a poke bowl. Rice (brown/wild or white) or if you avoid carbs a salad mix first. Then there was a generous selection of fish... tuna/spicy tuna, salmon, octopus etc. multiple dressings and sauces and then delicious toppings (marinated seaweed, ikura, carrots, cucumber, tomato...). Everything was fresh and delicious!!! They serve beer and I think cold sake. It wasn't cheap (about $12 for a bowl) but it was fresh, healthy and super delicious!

There are newer reviews for Pokehana

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The hubby and I had lunch here. We shared the large size which comes with 3 protein selections. Even though, it is not on the menu choices, you can ask for half salad and half rice as your base. The fish was fresh and they had an extensive selection of veggies you can add to your poke bowl. This is the only poke place I've been to that sells beer as well as other drinks. There is a nice size outdoor covered patio with misters in case you want to sit out in the desert heat. This place is in a large shopping center so there is plenty of free parking.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Healthy and delicious with many choices of seafood and toppings. This place is very popular at lunchtime, so come early. Prices are fair and the bowl are deceptively large- so no need to upgrade to the larger portion.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I could eat here every single day. The ingredients are super fresh and flavorful and the employees are knowledgeable and genuine. I love that I can go online and order my bowl exactly how I want, pay and choose a pick up time.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Pokehana is a small restaurant in a strip mall in La Quinta... I often passed by this place and decided to give it a try. I'm a huge Poke fan and have experienced great fresh Poke in Hawaii so my expectations were pretty high. And, the reviews on Yelp were pretty good. When you enter the restaurant you get in line. The menu is on the wall. For a first timer to this place I needed a little time to take in what was offered. The person behind the counter suggested I try the Tuna Hana. I'm not gonna go through the long list of items this dish contained but I mean to tell ya... it was delicious. There are dozens of items you can add to your bowl and plenty of folks behind the counter who will help you decide on toppings... almost overwhelming. I was totally pleased with my meal. There is inside and outside seating... small but it works. But going back to the food... very fresh, portions were good and I thought good value. For two dishes we got out of there for $30... in my view and considering what we had this was a good bargain... again, the combination bowl of poke I had was delicious... I will most definitely go back.