“Great course, annoying people”

The Golf Club at La Quinta
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I was recently staying at the La Quinta resort for a work conference. Some co workers and I went to play golf at the mountain course. It was very slow going. Seemed like so many dads had their kids out on the course to teach them how to play. So this slowed us down and we didn't get to finish our round before it got dark. I think next year we will try a new course.

There are newer reviews for The Golf Club at La Quinta

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Surrounded by home & mountains the course is in great shape and fun to play. The 18 hole course is challenging but not difficult and fun to play. Even for a beginner it is a gentle forgiving course and enjoyed playing it.

2  Thank Rahulh
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Very fair course with a tee box for every caliber of player.

The greens were hard and fast and the fairways were still a little long because of overseeding.

I'd play here again any time.

1  Thank JPG1944
Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Nothing tricky or gimmicky here. Just a well laid out course in tip top shape. played it twice in same day under 3.5 hours each round. Very friendly and helpful staff. Terrific cafe!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I have never played desert golf before, but it not much different than golf anywhere else. I played the Dune course desgned by Pete Dye. I will warn you about this course...the greens will absolutely kill your score. Not only are they tiny, but if you are short on your chip to the green the ball will fall away 40 feet into a grassy hole that will require you to chip over 10 feet. It murdered by score because I can't make my ball spin and stop like some guys.

the views of the mountains while golfing were breathtaking and as the sun started to go down over the mountains, the sun rays acted like laser beams shooting across the valley.

If i could, I would have rather played a few other more popular courses, but the group I was with settled on the Dunes. It was fun.