“FAB DINNER AT THE SANDBAR”
Review of Cunard's Sandbar

Cunard's Sandbar
Ranked #28 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2017

A group of 4 of us came in for dinner this week and had the best time! The restaurant is classy yet cozy and they were playing live music which made it really fun. We had requested to be seated in the bar area but it was a little too noisy for our group, 2 in their 80s and the staff quickly accommodated us and moved us to the back room where we could still hear the music but were also able to have a conversation with each other. We were promptly greeted and served cocktails and then ordered our meals. I loved that salad or soup and bread is included with each meal and the salads were fresh and tasty. We all ordered a variety of dishes and everything was delicious! I had the chicken marsala and it was fabulous, especially the mashed potatoes! We were all too full for dessert as portions were very generous, most of us brought leftovers home! Our server was very friendly and attentive. I will put this on my list for my next desert trip and highly recommend it to others for a fun dining experience! Oh and as we were leaving The Lennon Sisters were providing some live entertainment singing at the piano... you never know who you will run into at the Sandbar apparently!

1  Thank zoe6282

Reviewed 20 November 2016

A small restaurant with great food and service. Bill Baker on piano and locals get up to sing with him. Last night there was a trumpet player as well.
I had the Osso bucco, it was wonderful and plentiful. My husband had the pork chop. It was delicious, he took half of it home.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We always enjoy the Sandbar. It is like stepping back in time. We make a point of sitting in the bar area...great bartender, excellent service and the entertainer, Bill Baker, draws everyone in and engages the entire room. The owner is generally there to welcome you, and then there's Harpo the clown...what can I say?! Good food & a good time.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Had drinks and appetizers with my girlfriends on the Patio. It was a great spot for people watching. The table outside is a large "share" table that seats 12 or so. Service was great and the food really hit the spot. Food and drinks are plentiful. Owner there greeting and chatting with everyone. Live music inside but we could hear it where we were too. Great Vibe!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My wife and I have been guests at the Sandbar for over 20 years. Bob Cunard owns and operates the Sandbar and is on the premises each and every night it is open. The food is excellent, the wait staff professional and the bartender knows how to mix cocktails. The clientele is a mix of locals and visitors. Bob makes them all welcome and makes sure that they leave happy.