“No Sake , No Alcohol License”
Review of Kane Sushi

Kane Sushi
Ranked #37 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: another location in Danville,CA
Description: another location in Danville,CA
Reviewed 7 April 2017

The sushi and sashimi was very fresh and delicious but we were disappointed that we could not have sake or wine as Kane Sushi does not have a liquor license. The salmon was prepared perfectly but the mackerel was dry. Service was a bit rushed and couple of dishes we ordered were never delivered. The place is very casual without much atmosphere, yet is popular with locals.

1  Thank StarLady99

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Great sushi - good service. would eat here again when visiting the city. Great rolls - no liquor license just yet. The owners are very nice and treat you like a celebrity!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I loved the dishes that I ordered here. For some reason they lost their liquor license. I like saki with my sushi and that was missing. BUT their sushi is inventive and very good.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Have you ever wanted a different dinning experience? One in which you were engaged in conversation, a bit of interaction with the chefs and many enjoyable bites of goodness? Then head to Kane Sushi. I had fun with my family during my most resent stay in the Bay Area creating my very own sushi. And I am not the only one! Listed on the menu, are some of the most acceptable ideas of eating fish and rice. Kane is really a fun place, but not for people in a hurry. We were a group of 4 adults and it had been a warm day, so we weren't starving, however we managed to devour a seafood sashimi salad, 2 Florida maki, miso soup, several individual orders of nigiri, and topped it off with sake and fried ice cream.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

"They have wonderful sushi and we love to grab "to go" sushi for our picnics. We grab our rolls at Kane and put them in the cooler then head to the Lafayette reservoir for our evening walk and post walk picnic with Kane Sushi! FAB U LOUS!!!!