“Just spectacular! The location, the facility, the hospitality, everything!”
Review of Sunset Cove Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laguna Beach
Sunset Cove Villas
Reviewed 29 October 2010

My wife and I needed a getaway that combined days of beach relaxation with an ease in getting to Disneyland. Our stay at the Sunset Cove Villas was the perfect solution. We stayed in the Martinique villa the week before Halloween 2010.

The villas are right in the heart of the city of Laguna Beach. Many great restaurants and art galleries are an easy walk away. Being right on the beach made playing in the sand and waves, exploring tide pools and watching dolphins going by easy.

We arrived in town later in the evening than expected and the staff was more than accommodating in getting us the keys and garage opener to the private parking. We entered the property across a large patio, down a few stairs and past a lush fountain area to the door of the villa. Upon entering we were greeted with breezes off of the ocean right away. The staff had set up the villa for our arrival and the balcony door was open to make us aware, from very first impression, that this place is all about being on the Pacific Ocean. The balcony is where we spent most of our time while in the villa. It has a table, chairs, lounger and bar-b-q and is set up with glass panel railings to allow a great view of the ocean and the surfers that ride the waves below.

The kitchen, island and living room are combined in an open room with floor to ceiling windows to the balcony. There is a full grocery store about a hundred yards away from the villas. While the restaurants in Laguna Beach were great, it is nice to be able to eat in every once in a while. Granite countertops, high-end appliances and any pot/pan/utensil we needed made breakfast and midnight snacks easy.

There is a big flat screen TV and fireplace in the living room, but we didn’t spend too much time with either. The bedrooms were nice and the bed comfortable but the highlight is falling asleep to the sound of the waves. The jetted tub in the master bath was a good way to loosen the muscles after a long walking Disney day.

The two days of Disney were just right. The drive from Sunset Cove is about 30 minutes (even on weekdays) thanks to car pool lanes on the only freeway (I-5) that you need to get there. Nothing makes the drive after Disney easier than knowing that you are heading to a nightcap on a balcony with the moon reflecting off the crashing waves.

I cannot wait to get back to Laguna Beach and would be delighted to stay at Sunset Cove whenever the villas are available. I would recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidAUM

Reviewed 24 August 2010

Just the perfect place for a family get away. Just steps from the beach and all the toys are provided. The villa had everything we needed and the staff made every effort to assure our stay was outstanding.

This is a first class operation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ScotS5000
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Stayed here for a week over the holiday weekend, and can validate the previous reviews of the place. Spotlessly clean, spacious, and a great location right on the beach & within an easy walk of the downtown shops and restaurants. The kitchen was better equipped than the one in our home, and the guest laundry was a welcome amenity for longer stay self-catering travelers.
If there was a 6 star category for accommodation Sunset Villas would surely rate it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert1969
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My family and I enjoyed this beautiful property immensely. It was a first class visit. We stayed in Antigua. The beds were so comfortable and everything was decorated with the appropriate theme. I hate to admit that I was in love cooking with the the top of the line pots and pans. They really did think of everything. The location is a perfect short walk to downtown and so convenient to have the grocery store accross the street. I only wished I had discovered the free dryers in the laundry room before the last day I was there. It was wonderful to listen to the ocean all day and night.

We appreciated the sand toys, boogie boards, and beach chairs that we were able to borrow and return each day. Even the outside shower for rinsing off the sand from your feet and body before going back inside had warm water.

The amount of space was perfect for my family of 4 and the villas were top of the line, first class.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank travelligfriend
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Amazing.

I don't even know where to start. We stayed in the Martinique villa. Ownership greeted us personally and showed us around the property. My wife and I gasped when we stepped into our villas. I can safely say we have never stayed anywhere like this in our lives - and we have done a LOT of traveling. The kitchen facilities are top-notch. The entertainment set-up is amazing with a wonderful surround-sound setup. The whirlpool tub as a fantastic way to start each day. The BBQs are hard-wired in to the gas so it was a breeze to cook on the patio. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and had luxurious linens and pillows. I've attached a bunch of photos for other readers to be able to see for themselves how amazing this place was.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple