“Fabulous!!!!!”
Review of Manzanita Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laguna Beach
Manzanita Cottages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I found these cottages on trip advisor after deciding last minute to drive to Laguna instead of Monterey Ca. Most of the bigger hotels were booked so I decided to check out other options.. Best decision I made!!! This place was so enchanting and we felt so elated that it was better than imagined! The location is great! You will have a bit of a walk but not far.. Mostly on an incline but after all the eating we did, we were glad we had some exercise! Diane was pleasantly helpful and we were able to add an extra night last minute ( it was that great) we are definitely coming back! So happy to give them a review they deserve!
Make sure to try Sirena Grill, walking distance on Mermaid, Romeo Cucina and House Of Big Fish.. All great places to eat. :-)

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank PinkKimono13

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We recently stayed in the Red Cottage. The property manager does an amazing job here! The grounds were perfectly groomed and gorgeous. The flowers were in bloom and the space was picture perfect. Just to sit in the outdoor areas with a glass of wine was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable parts of our trip. The cottage was super clean and charming. The bed was comfortable. It's very conveniently located. We were able to walk to the beach, shops and restaurants from the cottage. It is cozy. If you are expecting a lot of space, you will be disappointed, but the space is used very nicely. We had been staying in hotels through our vacation, and we were the most comfortable here. The place felt huge after staying in hotel rooms. We want to try every cottage, and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Esti G
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband, son and I stayed in the blue cottage and our daughter and her family stayed in the yellow one. This was the perfect choice for a multi-family vacation, much better than a traditional hotel. Both cottages are beautifully decorated, the beds are super comfortable, and while the kitchens are tiny, they are well stocked with anything you might need. There's also a grill in the lower garden if you want to cook out. The location is excellent, just a short walk to the beach and restaurants. We spent most evenings hanging in the garden, enjoying the beautiful flowers, watching the many hummingbirds, and sipping wine. It was the most relaxing vacation we have had in a long time. Next time we head back to Laguna, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelJournaler56
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I are planning a trip to Laguna and came across these lovely cottages. I hunted high and low for a good reason not to stay here and I just could not find one. Every review boasts of careful attention to detail, every cottage being clean, comfortable and cozy. The location is great and the price fair, but what sold me was the interaction I've with the management, specifically Pamela Herzer. After every email I sent, I've received a quick and sincere response. Her willingness to help and serve with no strings attached was almost shocking as it rarely exists these days. You better believe I am referring the Manzanita Cottages to friends and family! I can't wait to stay here! *please note that my rating on service is based on my experience. Bc I had to rate the other categories before posting this review I rated based on many other reviews I've read but not on my personal experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank NiceandCleanPlease
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We attempted to stay at the cottages back in October 2010 and after making reservations and confirming them over and over, we still arrived to find our cottage occupied with another guest! I wrote a less than positive review on Tripadvisor and the owner was very apologetic and offered a complimentary weekends stay should we want to come back. I was very pleased when he still honored this over a year later and we just stayed in the Yellow cottage for our 5th anniversary and it was everything I imagined it would be. Charming, secluded, peaceful and so much better than a hotel! We discovered the lower patio area and had coffee there every morning. We took advantage of the fully stocked kitchen and grill and made dinner 'home' one night and had our breakfast in and packed lunches for the beach. We had the fireplace on alot! I loved how light and bright the Yellow cottage is and how private the patio off the bedroom is! It was a true delight. Diane, the new property manager, even made a flower arrangement for me that my husband was inquiring about. I would not have come back here had the owner not offered us a 'free' weekend...and I am SO glad he did. I will now come back as soon as possible. Maybe once a year! All 4 cottages look equally charming and you can't go wrong staying here. You are a short walk from town and the main beach and then you can come home to your private oasis!

Room Tip: I found the Yellow to be sunny and private