“Impeccable service”
Review of Studio

Studio
Reserve with OpenTable
Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 173 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Description: With a panoramic oceanfront location and modern french cuisine with California influences, Studio is the portrait of beachside indulgence a refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Set on an oceanfront bluff in the artistic village of Laguna Beach, Studio is designed to captivate the senses. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water's edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine.
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Every meal at the Studio begins with a complimentary amuse-bouche. I cannot remember exactly what it was, but it was served on a spoon and was good. We had dinner with some friends and have never been disappointed with the food, service and ambience. I had the foie gras appetizer which was delicately delicious. The veal rib eye wasn't what I expected as it was rolled up into a flavored crust and perfectly prepared. Wow!
The manager, Fabien, and his assistant, Christine, were most gracious and attentive. Wine corkage was $35 per bottle and I was glad I brought two vintages Bordeaux wines. Over the course of several different visits there, we have never been disappointed. It costs about $200 per person, but I feel it is worth it for a special experience. At least the parking was validated. Looking forward to going back. Keep up the good work, Fabien!

Rick_Riess, Manager at Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Studio. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the menu offerings and felt well taken care of by our associates. We will pass along your kind sentiments to the team. We hope you will join us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rick Riess
Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Studio

Reviewed 24 June 2016

The Studio restaurant overlooks the ocean through floor to ceiling movable glass sliding doors - beachside elegance at its best!

The food is a modern French cuisine definitely infused with the flair of California. You can tell that the chef is an artist and the menu is elegant, inventive and creative. There's a wide array of fish selections, red meat and poultry - literally something for every palette. And, the desserts are a work of art!

I've had the pleasure of dining here twice and eagerly looking forward to my third visit!

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

This was my fourth visit to Studio. I have always been 100% satisfied, but this time I would say that the service was not quite as good as usual. Our server appeared to be new and not as comfortable. The food was excellent and the view is amazing. Always make a reservation and request an outside table.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

It is hard to put into words how marvelous this place is. The food was exquisite. Most of the food was locally sourced. I had salmon which was wonderful. The service was impeccable. They have an extensive wine menu. We sat on the patio and watched the sun set. It was phenomenal.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Went there for a special occasion and had a late seating. Arrived 45 minutes early, expecting to be seated at a bar, we were shown to a table right away. Then the menu came. There was precisely one item that I would ever consider eating on the entree menu---so I was forced to eat that or go hungry. I was going to ordered a first course to mitigate the dinner that I knew was coming, but the "English Pea" Soup clocked in at $30. I have a friend who is the chef de cuisine at one of the top 100 restaurants in the U.S. and he will not put chicken on the menu at night because he cannot justify the $34 price tag. The Montage should be ashamed, as the food was not remotely of the caliber of a top 100 restaurant.

1  Thank TallulahKBT
Rick_Riess, Manager at Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent visit to Studio. We apologize that your dining experience did not meet your expectations and we would like the opportunity to speak with you further. Please view the private message I have sent and we look forward to speaking with you.

Respectfully,