“Real Belgian Frites & Cheese Croquettes”
Review of Brussels Bistro

Brussels Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Brussels Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 186 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: European, French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Coast Highway
Description: Since 2004, Brussels Bistro has brought the best in Belgium flavors to the heart of Laguna Beach. Relax on the terrace with a premium Belgian beer or dine underground in our casual-urban setting. Offering Belgian cuisine with a French flair, our Executive Chef, Thomas Crijns has created a superb menu of authentic dishes ranging from Beef Bourguignon to Steamed Mussels. Complimenting our wide variety of imported Belgian beers are mouthwatering hors d’oeuvres including Cheese Croquettes and our world-famous Belgian Fries. Join us on Friday and Saturday nights when the Bistro transforms into one of the hottest nightclubs in town.
Reviewed 6 March 2017

This is the only place in Southern California to get real Belgian frites and cheese croquettes. My family is Belgian and Brussels Bistro's food is authentic. It's a laid back environment, and they were super accommodating with my birthday celebration.

Nicolas S, Owner at Brussels Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you !

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We had dinner here with two other couples and really enjoyed how Brussels is unique in so many ways. It's a level down from the street restaurant but the food and service are certainly a LEVEL UP! It has a unique Euro atmosphere and really good food. Many of the staff are fluent in French, which only adds to the uniqueness of the atmosphere. The mussels were a hit at our table and the chocolate mousse dessert was excellent!

Nicolas S, Owner at Brussels Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you for your review Fred.
Hope to see back soo again.

Nicolas

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Brussels is unique in many ways, from its level down from the street restaurant to the unique and authentic European atmosphere and of course the wonderful food. There's a reason why so many locals frequent BB and why out of towners are left with somewhat a sense of awe by the ambiance and the experience, from French speaking staff to unique celebration of customers' Birthdays where everyone joins in to congratulate the person. As a local, I always recommend BB to tourists and friends are grateful for the night. Definitely try the various Belgian beers (recommend a sample). The hanger steak is to die for and their fries are one of the best in the town. Bread is great but go easy and save it for the main entree. If you have not tried escargot, then this is the place, but of course BB is famous for the mussels. Desserts are just as great! My favorite is the crepes or the waffle...a toss up. It's a real intimate setting and perfect place to impress a date or celebrate an anniversary. Friday and Saturday after hours has an eclectic music/dance scene as well. Finally, I can say I've just about had everything on their menu and they're all good!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Coming from Belgium, I was so excited to find a Belgian restaurant in Laguna Beach, it was so unexpected! Glad to find great Belgian beers, they have my favorite beer on tap which is the Grimbergen and a huge selection of beers in bottles as well, with Rochefort, Orval, Chimay, etc. I had some mussels and fries with a beer creamy sauce, and their lava cake made with Belgian dark chocolate I was so delicious!! I heard they have all you can eat mussels on Tuesdays, so I will definitely come back! Cheers!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

The food is amazing and they offer an amazing selection of Belgium beers that I've never seen anywhere else. I particularly love the mussels and fries but every thing I've tried here has always tasted great.I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I can't leave without getting a dessert from this place.

I highly recommend this place and they just remodeled so it looks really nice.