“Old World Tavern is Lakeport's version of Cheers.”
Review of Old World Tavern

Old World Tavern
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Lakeport
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Pub
Description: Old World Tavern, affectionately known as “The Tavern,” takes the concept of an old world–style taproom and adds a twist of modern gastropub, with a full bar and fresh fare. Charm is an understatement here, between the tables built from a century-old wine vat, the pressed-tin ceiling, spectacular 10-foot mirror and the building’s original brick walls lined with portraits painted by patrons in homage to this local favorite. A rare gem in Downtown Lakeport, the Tavern offers daily specials ranging from drink deals to decadent lunch and dinner items at a discount. The Sunday Brunch value is unmatched, featuring delicious, belly-filling eats, unlimited mimosas, and an array of live music.
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Old world Tavern is Lakeport's "Cheers"... You see the local characters but also tourists and everybody seems to get along very well. The place is intimate, and they pour between 8-10 beers on tap. The Reuben sandwiches are great, but they always seem to have a daily special and certain nights you can come down and have discounted drink specials. The staff is friendly and guests are encouraged to talk to each other. The are also quite the place to party if you are there for Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day or Octoberfest.

1  Thank brotherkenneth

Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

I have read other reviews on this place of the euro burger so I decided to try it after work one night. I added bacon and it was amazing. Perfectly cooked, I ordered it medium, and very tasty. It took the waitress a minute to even acknowledge me at the bar, since I wanted my order to go. That's the only reason for the 4 stars.

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Arrived in Lakeport hungry and tired on a Monday night. No place but this was open. Good: Food -- 4 of our 5 were happy with their pub-grub meals and beers; the staff did not charge unhappy #5, who ate none of the dish. Not so good: Loud! (OK, it's a bar, just letting you know.) Server was cheerful but slow (visiting w friends behind the bar?) and noted twice that she was doing us a favor writing separate checks. Big contrast to next day's breakfast service and food at Sanducci's Cottage, where the food and the service were outstanding.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

My husband and I don't get to go out often between work and family, but we decided to sneak out on a Monday evening and try this restaurant out. When we arrived it wasn't busy. Only two tables taken and a couple of people at the bar. The waitress told us to take a seat wherever we wanted. After we ordered our food, a steak and a burger, we waited. More and more tables began to fill and there was only one waitress running the bar and the tables. We noticed people who ordered after us were getting their food. Table after table who arrived after us were being served. The waitress was nice and kept apologizing for the delay and saying it would be right out, but each time it didn't come. Finally, it came after an hour. Unfortunately, it was all wrong. The steak was very overcooked and the sides were wrong. The waitress graciously asked if I wanted another at which time I declined because we had already waited well over one hour for our food and needed to get back home to our children.My husbands burger (the Euro Burger) was ok. The taste was good, but it was tough. I love local businesses, so I am hoping to go back again and try the steak and be wowed, but they really need to up staffing levels to keep up with the tables & bar. The steak smelled delicious so I am sure it would be great if I had not gotten a well done steak that should have been medium rare. The waitress was handling it all very well under the pressure and I commend her, but I hope she is able to get more help!

1  Thank Cherie E
Reviewed 9 March 2015

We visited on a Friday night and had a good meal, live music and decent prices. I had the Euro Burger, 1/2 pound Angus with salami and pancetta, my wife had the cottage pie, both were very tasty and portions big enough to provide lunch the next day. Music was good, bar prices decent. A good spot for a good meal.