“Cheap and good fish tacos/Ceviche”

Baja California Fish Tacos
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Lawndale
Reviewed 17 August 2016

This is a small cafe that gets crowded at lunch. There are different options for fish tacos and they have a fresh ceviche bar. The prices are very low and the food is really tasty. Great food at a cheap price! I especially liked the full-size shrimp ceviche- it's $7.95 and was enough to fill me up.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

I've eaten here several times and the fish tacos are the best ever!!!!!! There are other seafood choices as well like shrimp cocktails. The place is VERY busy. We always get food to go. If you are in the area be sure to go here.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Ok, so this was the third time we'd tried going, deterred previously by lines out the door and nowhere to park in the small adjacent parking lot.

We arrived just before noon on a Sunday. There was already a line, and we grabbed the last table. You order either a la carte, or a combination plate at a counter. When it's ready, they call your number and you return to the counter to pick up your food. This is NOT fancy.

It was DELICIOUS. We ordered a Baja fish taco (battered and fried but NOT over-breaded or greasy at all) for $1.85; a grilled fish taco for $2.50; and a combo with two shrimp tacos, rice and OMG GREAT refried beans which I think was $7.95 - it included a beverage.

This place is a find for fish tacos - I'd give them five stars. They also have cocteles de mariscos - shrimp and other chilled seafood cocktails that seemed very popular and looked delicious, topped with avocado. To me, another criterion is the quality of the tortillas and these were first-rate.

When I go back, and that will be soon, I'll try to go at an off-time, and find a position from which I can study the menu (posted up above the counter in too-small letters) and watch what comes out of the kitchen, if I can persuade myself to try something different. I really really liked the shrimp tacos combo - very fresh, very tasty, not fishy and Oh! those almost creamy refried beans were divine!

We were also very impressed with the smooth efficiency of this operation. The order-taking bilingual cashier was very nice, and very good. The kitchen is big, compared to the overall size of the place, and the cooks seemed to work very well, like a well-oiled and clean machine. The man calling out orders when they were ready from the kitchen, at the counter, was equally efficient and competent, as well as being fully bilingual.

Very impressed. Already wanting to go back, only two days later....

2  Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Came for lunch and this spot is awesome. Great food at reasonable prices. Very friendly staff and line moves fast during rush hour. Shrimp tacos are very good and so is the ceviche.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Fish Taco Wednesday is fantastic!! Delicious Fish tacos for $1.15 is probably the best deal in town. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly.

1  Thank Frank R