Tioga Pass Resort
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
US$179
  • Free Internet
US$199
  • Free Internet
El Mono Motel(Lee Vining)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstioga passtheir websiteroofscafeyosemiteusawintersierras
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Best way to visit the Sierra High Country in Yosemite for someone who does not want to camp. Historic old cabins. Rooms basic but all you are really looking for is a comfortable bed to sleep in, you are not looking for a vacation resort. And the restaurant is great for breakfast and dinner, basic but food cooked with flair and attention to basic quality. Located right outside the Tioga Road YNP entrance, you may as well be in the park. Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall, can't ask for a better experience. We spent a week there, and are ready to go back again. Location itself is lovely. No TV, no Internet, no WiFi, but if you are going to the Tuolumne Meadows area of YNP, you are not there for those things. Bring a good book to read at night after a day of hiking and a good dinner.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VMI70
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Let's see,...where to start.As far as the lodgings are concerned,..well they are rustic at best.Spotlessly clean and very comfortable.Nothing fancy but very adequate.No wi-fi don't know about cell phone service,no T.V.'s,...no phones.Perfect.As the sign by the register says; " No,we don't have wi-fi,......talk to each other"
The restaurant serves the best meatloaf I have ever eaten.Everything is made right there.Fresh vegetables,home cooking at it's best.I had dinner and breakfast for very reasonable prices and the food was excellent and plenty of it.Service was wonderful.I wish I had had more time to try some of the other offerings.Next time
Now we come to the kernel of the place.The people.My first contact was with Tessa.What a wonderful person.I will leave it at that.I can't add any more.Heddy or maybe it was Henny,...I'm sorry guys it's been a few weeks.Anyway,as some writer guy once said,.."What's in a name,? " Wonderful host and cook.I'm runnung out of superlatives here.Thank's so much for the great food. Emily,...I hope that's correct,...served me breakfast and once again a warmer,nicer person you could not hope to meet.There were two young ladies in the "reception" area,for want of a better expression,I didn't get there names but they were also lovely young ladies.
If you don't stay here you should at least stop and eat.You will not regret it.
Thank you all,each and every one for a lovely evening and following morning.The next time I am anywhere close I will be stopping in,..that I know for sure.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Luv2roam8823
Reviewed 31 December 2014

Last year we stayed at the Tioga Pass Resort and we were in heaven. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are clean and beautiful. And the breakfast is delicious and all made to order. Best of all is the fact that you are right outside of Tuolumne Meadows which my family considers heaven on earth. The views from your rooms ... and the little stream that runs by add to the experience. Honestly ... it is my favorite place to stay in the entire USA! And for those who put in time on the trail ... then some homemade pies are a guilt-free indulgence!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Amyflyingdowntorio
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We stayed Labor Day weekend at Tioga Pass Resort. TPR has 10 detached cabins, and 4 attached motel rooms, and is located 2 miles from the eastern entrance of Yosemite Park, near the top of Tioga Pass. It is 10 miles from Tuolumne Meadows Lodge, the closest lodging to the Tuolumne Meadows hiking area.

Last year there was no internet reservation system with credit card deposit -everything was done by e-mail, and on the honor system, as the e-mail was not secure. The honor system is toast in today's world . TPR lost its shirt with so many no shows!

In June 2014 the internet site, tiogapassresort, came with an interactive reservation system, allowing you to choose cabin/motel room by date, with forfeiture of credit card deposits for those cancelling within 14 days of arrival, or noshows. Welcome to the 21st century! Now it is the no shows, not TPR, that will lose their shirts!

We walked 240' to our cabin 9 on the top of the hill, instead of driving the Prius up and down the steep gravel roadway for five reasons:

1. Prevent scratches from brush next to the narrow winding gravel roadway.

2. Prevent damage to undercarriage from bottoming out at the bottom of the hill, after crossing the plank bridge, and going up the parking lot.

3. Prevent bottoming out at the top of the hill, filled with a layer of concrete, but rutted with torn areas down to the dirt, next to cabins 9 and 10.

4. No encounters with cars coming up the hill, who have the right of way, at the blind curve -ever try backing up a blind curve in the dark, with thick brush and boulders on each side? Your car's lower and side spoilers will get scratched!

5. You are going to walk down the gravel pathway anyways for breakfast and dinner, just don't try it in sandals -sandals and sloped gravel trails don't mix -just like me and my ex!

Do not get cabins 1,2,3,4,5 next to the stream in June, as you will look like the second coming of chickenpox, with all the mosquitos that will be biting!

$125 for motel room comparable in price to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge tent cabins with wood burning furnaces -in both cases no noise insulation. At TPR you're toast if any of the 3 neighboring motel rooms have a snorer, crying baby, loud farter, or an over amorous couple. At TML you're toast if any of the dozen tents in the vicinity had a snorer, crying baby, loud farter, or an over amorous couple!

Also you will freeze into a popsicle at TML due to the near impossiblity of keeping the wood burning furnace going all night -you will need a steady stream of logs all night. You will be breathing the smoke from next door tents all night long. And it does get cold at night in September -our car had a layer of ice on the hatch in the morning!

$125 for a 13' x 13' motel room or 169 sq foot motel room, not including the telephone booth size shower 30' from your motel room door -you would not want to have a wardrobe malfunction over that 30' outdoor walk!

We had cabin 9, $250 for a 23' x 18' or 414 sq foot room, not including balcony. Two fullsize beds, with bathroom, shower, and two fully reclining padded chairs! No central heating -heating element was a mobile device connected by an electric cord -more suitable for an office cubicle than a full size cabin!

Fully equipped kitchen, with microwave, toaster, gas stove, refrigerator, dishware and pots and pans, albeit a bit scratched up, and looks like something from 1970 Good Housekeeping!

Balcony with afternoon sunshine, and picnic table in the back with morning sunshine! Serene surroundings of lakes and mountains, broken only by the roar of motorcycles echoing for miles through the pass!

No AC, but not needed at 9500 feet, with nights cold enough to leave car covered with ice. 100 year old unit, with water, not tasty with an annual supplement of iron overnight, from the 100 year old pipes!

Difficulty sleeping at this altitude -remember to bring the tylenol PM next time.

No TV, no wifi, no cell phone, but not needed if you go over the edge of Tioga Pass Road at night -its hasta la vista baby, to quote our ex-governor!

Room Tip: You can now reserve your cabin and date through the interactive internet site at tiogapassresort, with credit card deposit. $250 cabin 9 was 23'x 18' or 414 square feet, compared to $125 motel rooms 13'x13' or 169 square feet. Cabins 6,7,8,9,10 and motel rooms 1 and 4 have outdoor balconies. Cabins 1,2,3,4,5 next to stream. Cabins 4,5 next to open kitchen door noises. Motel rooms and cabins 9,10 on top of hill with iron tasting water from 100 year old iron pipes. No wifi, no cell phone, no TV.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank robert c
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night in a single room (the smallest). Upon arrival the staff was friendly and very helpful. They gave us complimentary hot beverages and advised we turn on the room heater right away. The room was small but cozy and the bathroom worked well. The shower was outside the room and shared with one other cabin of the same size. The heater was more than sufficient and we actually had to turn it way down. The bed could have been more comfortable but overall was good. There is no internet or cell service and this adds to the effect of getting away for a weekend. The restaurant was absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend it! I would stay here again if I was on the north side of Yosemite. It is a very short drive to the park but two scenic hours from Yosemite Valley It is only 15 minutes from Mono Lake.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple