Tioga Pass Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lee Vining
See available hotels
El Mono Motel(Lee Vining)
View Hotel
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Gull Lake Lodge(June Lake)
Heidelberg Inn(June Lake)
View Hotel
June Lake Motel(June Lake)
View Hotel
June Lake Pines(June Lake)
View Hotel
All reviewstioga passhigh sierralog cabintheir websiteroofscafeyosemiteusawintersierras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2016

We love to stay here because there are lots of beautiful hikes nearby. The rooms are not cheap, but the location is great, about a mile outside the Tioga Pass gate to Yosemite and surrounded by mountains. The rooms are rustic, but the water is hot, and they offer a $5 breakfast to guests. The restaurant, like the rooms, offers basic, but decent food. Stick with the basics like the burger or meat loaf and you will be happy. Alternatively, you can cook in your room, which has a full kitchen.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Rustic is a good word to describe this place. I believe this is the closest facility to the Toulumne Meadows that is akin to a motel, versus the tents at Toulumne Meadows Lodge. My room had a bathroom, but the shower was in a separate adjacent room (accessed from outside), shared with nearby guests. I didn't use the shower.

If you end up staying in a room above the store/restaurant, you will need to drive up a steep, gravel path. It wasn't something I was accustomed to and my RWD car struggled a little. I think the lower number rooms (e.g., 1 and 2) are ground level, but you should ask them first if it's important to you.

ROOM: I liked the basic wooden interior. There were 2 solid chairs, a couple of small tables and wall hooks. The lighting was adequate. There is a heater but no a/c. There were also available outlets to charge your devices. The bathroom sink and toilet were in good working order. The bed sheets appeared clean which was very important to me. But the mattress seemed old with noticeable depression in the middle. At night, when I turned on the ceiling lights, the number of flying bugs in the room was evident. It creeped me out. I solved the problem by only turning on the bathroom light and when most of the bugs went to it, I closed the door. There was still a loud flying insect buzzing around in the bedroom, however. In August, the heater was not needed.

Of note, the walls do little to dampen the sounds of the neighbors. I could hear talking, snoring, footsteps, creaking, coughing, etc. But thankfully no one was being obnoxiously loud.

SERVICE: Staff were friendly and helpful.

FACILITIES: The reception area is in the store where there are souvenirs and refrigerated drinks. They offer free coffee/hot chocolate for guests in the morning, and breakfast is given at a reduced rate in the attached small restaurant if you stay here. I didn't dine there, however.

VERDICT: I would stay here if I visit Toulumne Meadows again. The convenience to me is worth the extra price over staying in a tent or somewhere in Lee Vining. There were some pretty disgusting pitt toilets inside the national park and it was nice to have use of a clean bathroom! The location is very close to Tioga Lake and the entrance to the national park.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level rooms if you don't want to drive up a steep gravel path.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 0garibaldi0
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We ate lunch at this resort. Delicious homemade desserts. Yummy meal.... Definitely would recommend for a good meal with lots of charm. Meatloaf sandwich was delicious. Must leave Yosemite to eat there but worth the extra mile! Would eat there again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank uscrph
Reviewed 24 July 2016

This is our second stay at TPR. As before, staff was warm and friendly, cabin was cold and cosy (BETTER TO NOTICE THERE IS A HEATER BEFORE YOUR FIRST NIGHT ENDS); we really liked the overall atmosphere of our cabin, though we wish we hadn't been so close to the road. Although it's out of keeping with the style of the place, next time I'm bringing my noise reducing headphones so that I can read outside. The traffic noises were minimal when we closed the windows.
The staff is great--warm, generous and efficient!
We had no trouble with little creatures (meticulously following all instructions).
The hiking nearby is fabulous! It's like backpacking for the baby boomer generation :) Hike all day, then come home to pot roast instead of freeze dried turkey tetrazzini, wine, a bed, a shower and carrot cake!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

This motel, which is very expansive (570$ for 3 nights for a 2 queen beds, due to the location), gives you a cabin, just in front of the parking lot and the road. The cabin is dirty, with lot of dust on the floor. The table hasn't been cleaned from the previous customers. We found their (the previous customers) shampoo bottles in the shower.
The owner seems to have no care for the details : plastic chairs in front of the cabin, an electric radiator in the middle of the room, a couch with lots of dirt (we never sat in), no hedge between the parking lot and the entry of the cabin...
Avoid the place