“The only choice in Loma Linda”
Review of Loma Linda Inn

Loma Linda Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Loma Linda
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed in August 2012 for 2 weeks for a work trip. I had no choice as I had no car and it is the only accomodation within walking distance to the LLUMC. Room cleanliness was acceptable and in fact the twin room is a good size with a small lounge. However breakfast was pretty bad with very limited choices. I wish I could go somewhere for breakfast after 3 days. Wifi worked well. The complex was in a quiet area so you can have a good night sleep. No laundry on site which was disappointing as I stayed in summer and couldn't go to the nearest laundry without a car.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This 2-story motel is in a quiet, nice neighborhood adjacent to the University of Loma Linda. When I called for a reservation, I learned that there isn't an elevator and reserved a ground floor room. We were arrived, there was no problem finding the reservation. The desk clerk explained everything we needed to know.

I was happy with the room, which was very clean. The handicapped equipped bathroom was among the best I've seen.

The only complaint we had was with the breakfast, which is delivered to your room (probably because the lobby is small without room for more than a handful of people. We asked for our breakfast to come at 7:00, but it arrived at 6:15. It was nicely presented but very small.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you are unable to climb stairs as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H
LomaLindaInn92354, Guest Relations Manager at Loma Linda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Greetings Carol!
We are very thankful for your review and pleased to know we met most of your highest standards at Loma Linda Inn, your home away home. Your opinion, among others from our guests, helps us to improve our quality service aimed to satisfy our customers.
Your feedbacks are very appreciated.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I just recently spent a month at the Inn. I was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and had to go to treatment at llumc. The Inn was fabulous staff was extra nice. As a lil extra greeting a complimentary tray of fresh cookies made daily are in the lobby with fresh tea, coffee and they make a wonderfully refreshing cucumber and lemon ice water. But it doesn't stop there they also have a complimenty breakfast that they deliver to your door. Free WiFi and a shuttle to and from the hospital and once your at the hospital there are other shuttles and buses to catch from there. The Inn has comfortable and clean rooms flat screen tvs with a remote you can walk around with its not chained to the table lol microwave and fridge iron and ironing blow dryer and coffeemaker. the staff makes you feel at home all you have to do is ask if you need anything and the cleaning staff is awesome...Did i mention laundry facilities and a full kitchen at your access you cant ask for more then that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This little inn had such lovely reviews, I looked forward to staying there and experiencing the hospitality. What I found was a very modest property, newly refurbished and trying to be homey. I was happy to give this a chance and I went to the room. It had been closed up all day, was hot and stuffy, and had a very sharp smell. I turned on the air conditioning and took a walk, figuring it would be better when I returned. Unfortunately, it was not. I was still willing to tough it out, but after sitting on the couch for five minutes, I began to sneeze repeatedly. It seemed I was allergic to something in the room. I had an interview the following day and dealing with allergies all night was not an option. I went to the front desk, explained the problem, and the person there accompanied me to the room to check it out. He offered to try another room. I was willing to do this, preferring not to have to move to another hotel in an unfamiliar area the evening before an interview. The next room had a similar smell, but not as strong. Once again, I sat on the couch for five minutes and began repeatedly sneezing again. I picked up my suitcase and grabbed my suit and reluctantly chose to leave this inn to find another place. I told the manager that the I had the same issue with this room as the previous one and that I would have to check out. I was very sorry, but there was no way I could get a good nights' rest and sneeze all night. When I received my American Express bill, I saw a charge for this hotel. When I called Loma Linda Inn to inquire, I was told that the policy (not stated anywhere on the website that I could find) was that I had to pay for the night. I explained that these were extenuating circumstances and there was certainly no way that I could know that I would be allergic to something in the room before I arrived. He told me that if he made an exception for me, he would have many people trying to get out of reservations for the same reason. I asked him how many times he had encountered people who couldn't stay in a room because of an allergic reaction. He said "never." I told him I had never encountered this either and that I'd stayed at many hotels in my life and it seemed unlikely if they did this for me, suddenly many people would check in and leave because of allergies. No compromise was offered. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to and he said he would have the manager call me and took my number. I was very frustrated by his absolute lack of responsiveness. A manager hadn't called more than a week later. I called back. I may have gotten the same person, but I am not sure. He told me there were a lot of people who sounded like him. He once again promised to have a manager call me. It is now more than three weeks since my initial call and no one has called me. I am handling this through American Express, who have been very helpful. I would never book a room here again. I would not advise it unless you are absolutely sure you can stay even if the room is unacceptable. I am very unhappy with the service here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank DrConnie
LomaLindaInn92354, Manager at Loma Linda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

First & foremost we would like to apologize that you had such a negative experience here at Loma Linda Inn. We take pride in our guest’s satisfaction during their stay here. We are owned by Loma Linda University & Loma Linda Medical Center. We have very high standards. We put a lot of effort into making sure our guests are comfortable. We feel bad for your unknown allergies. The front desk clerk on duty tried their best to assist you into moving to another room to see if it would be more accommodating for you. Our cleaning solutions are provided by Ecolab, who provides us with the same chemicals that are used in all other hotels. We are one of the cleanest hotels in the area. Our housekeeping staff checks all rooms daily to ensure they are ready for any incoming guests. In the past we have had guest notify us before arrival that they are allergic to certain chemicals. With that notice we restrained from using those chemicals so they would be able to stay in our rooms comfortably with no reaction. We have asked you what it was that you were allergic to but you couldn’t say for certain what it was. We have attempted to call you but were unable to leave a message. We feel unfortunate that you did not have a comfortable stay here. We have issued you a full refund for the inconvenience. We do hope that you will consider us in the future. Again, if you are allergic to anything notify the Inn in advance & we could try our best to accommodate you better.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We spent last night in this hotel after leaving the LLUMC emergency room, the location and the rooms are excellent, however the person who greeted us was rude and inhospitable, I understand we arrived very late, however I think she could have been a little more professional, when asked about breakfast responded rudely that It was only egg muffins and that would deliver in the room, but it was not the case, this morning there was no breakfast for us and the front desk person practically told us that was our fault and told us that there was no manager today, so there was no one to talk to about this.

Room Tip: If you want to have breakfast, ask and fill the form and handed it personally to the front desk pers...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
1.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Been to Loma Linda Inn? Share your experiences!