“It's All About Location”
Review of Loma Linda Inn

Loma Linda Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Loma Linda
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Stayed for five nights in October while visiting an elderly family member who lives in the nearby mobile home park. Not our first choice for the area but it was within walking distance so thought we'd give it a try. Room was clean and they had the AC turned on when we walked in, though it was obvious it hadn't been on long. They must have given the room some kind of squirt of air freshener as there was a strong smell (not unpleasant but too strong) and we had to leave the door open for a bit to let it vent. (Word to hotel management - easy on the room freshener. Some guests have allergies!) Although the inn was full most nights, it was quiet for sleeping. The complimentary breakfast was adequate but very boring. So much so, that we went out for breakfast one morning. Management needs to take better care of the (mostly outdoor) breakfast area. It appeared to have never been swept or mopped the entire five days as the crumbs, etc., kept accumulating. But, as I said, it's all about location. For us, near an aging relative. For others, near the University Hospital, medical school, etc. It works.

Room Tip: Second floor if you don't want tramping overhead. No elevators though!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Norm H

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stayed here while in town for business. The room is decent size with a new flat screen TV and the AC was working fine. The continental breakfast is a cut above most hotels of this level, but nothing to write home about. The rooms was not cleaned on Saturday (I assume for religious observance), but it would be nice to know that ahead of time and receive extra amenities on Friday.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Harrifur
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This was not my first choice of hotels, but I was there on business and my usual choices were already booked full. Due to its convenient location to where I had to be the next morning I decided to give them a try. Room was kind of small, though quiet, and since it was hot out it was good that the AC worked very well. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Sits in a quiet neighborgood near a university. Staff were friendly, polite and professional. My only issues were one, the parking lot is a little on the small side, the room was extremely hot when I came in at midnight as the AC was turned off. It would have been nice if it could have been turned on before arrival. Lastly, the fold out love seat had very noticeable stains on it, to the point that I wouldn't have even sat on it. Would stay again if need be, but not my first choice.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank James N
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The room I reserved was sold to someone else, charged top rate for a dirty, dated, loud, awful room. Front desk clerk had nothing else to offer and said she didn't have any information about rooms booked online (huh?...) Reserved two beds, got a bed and a small sofa. Ugh! bugs flying around the room. Awful.

Do not stay here, go just a block or two farther and actually get a decent night's rest.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank savvytravelgirl2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

My son was in the hospital and this Inn was close to the hospital so we tried it out. After a long day I checked in and went to our room. I wasn't impressed, but tired so I pulled out the pull out couch for my son. There was food in the bed... Raisins and peanuts. I then looked for the sheets for the pull out and found a dirty sheet waded up in a ball in the drawer. I promptly checked out if the room and found somewhere else to stay. Even for a cheap room this is unacceptable!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Dynasty Suites Redlands
#5 of 9 in Redlands
1.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Been to Loma Linda Inn? Share your experiences!