“Lovely food and wine-one of the best in Long Beach”

Michael's on Naples
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on Naples is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,119 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ravenna and Campo
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We were celebrating a birthday and there were 3 in our party. I was able to make a reservation on Open Table. The great thing is we chose a bottle of wine, tasted it, didn't like it and they took it back graciously. The waiter replaced it with something else. Each of us had different entrees- the chicken, the pasta with beef cheeks, and the hanger steak. I also tried the endive salad. Everything was great, everyone cleaned their plates. With the wine the bill was about $60 each. I would visit again, I want to try the pizza. They also have a private room.

There are newer reviews for Michael's on Naples

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Michael's is an excellent Italian restaurant. It is fine dining - menu is pricey. But menu options are incredibly varied, service is outstanding, and flavors memorable. My favorite entree here is the osso bucco. Delicious.

My office comes here at least twice a year for business meetings - Christmas parties or to entertain job candidates. Hubby & I also live to come here for anniversaries. Make no mistake - it's an upscale restaurant that will impress for any occassion. First date? Meet the parents? Prom? High end job candidates? Everyone will be impressed at Michael's. It's a gorgeous venue, too.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

After getting recommendations from hotel personnel for other restaurants, we called friends who used to live in Long Beach and recommended Michaels on 2nd. We are food snobs and won't go to an Italian restaurant unless they have homemade pasta. We were not disappointed at Michaels. The 5-stars doesn't mean it was the best Italian restaurant we've ever tried - far from it. But for this tourist region, it was great. Good wine list, friendly service, homemade pastas. Not a destination restaurant, but if you are in Long Beach anyway, get to the main drag on 2nd street and try it.

1  Thank Neil R
Mdene1, Owner at Michael's on Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you very much for the kind words and the time it took you to convey your experience at Michael's on Naples..

We believe that our farm to table philosophy makes the difference ..

Michael Dene

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Michael's is a great little spot on the end of second street away from the craziness that is upscale, quiet, and has a great selection of food and wine. Prices are reasonable and food is terrific. From Pasta to steaks to seafood the selection is great and each dish has a little variation from the chef. It has 2 stories and both are quaint and very classy. Valet parking was $6 but worth it. Go a bit early and enjoy a drink at the bar. Really nice place for a quiet, good evening.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I should say that my friends really did enjoy the menu and the food. I went with the waiters suggestions on which flat bread to order and it was Speck e Bufala a pesto base and a very salty meat. Another person had Pizzette Patate , which was duck. Yuck. The Hanger steak was very good, as was the Misticanza. Salad.

Appetizers: Midollo. This is two giant bones and you eat the bone marrow out of the bone with a fig jam on it. I did not try it but I did take the bones home to my dog. My friends did like it. We had Barada which is fresh Italian mozzarella cheese and cream. This was served with slices of bread and it was very good. The bread served to the table was a crispy outside crunch and possibly a sourdough served with three small sides of a cauliflower purée, an excellent butter, and olive oil. This was excellent!

Deserts: Torta di Mandrole, Ciambelle and Crema di Cioccolato. In essence this was an almond tart, a plate of small donuts (not so good) and the best of the dinner was the last one that was like a solid chocolate mousse and was wonderful.

Definitely make a reservation. The restaurant was completely packed and valet parking is recommended.