All reviews black light night's sleep rooms are clean murals microwave amenities parking
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I am not sure why this place has been rated that high. My experience at this place was a total disappointment. The motel is located in a strange neighborhood, full of trucks and factories. The room does not have a phone. So if you need something in the middle of the night, you have to walk to the owner's house and buzz a ring to talk to her. There were thee relatively large towels in my room, all of them had clear black stains on. They looked so dirty, I could not use them. Imagine a long day of driving, you get to the motel and the water is not even warm enough to take a shower. They were visible strains of hair on the bed sheet. While laying on the bed, instead of being relaxed, the whole night I felt disgusted. I found every thing about this place really disappointing. I did not enjoyed my stay there at all. And honestly, I don't recommend this place to any one else. Next time, I pay a little bit more rather than being tortured the whole time.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank Shadi T
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Me and my wife were driving to San Diego from San Francisco. Got late and we were about 2 hours away from our destination so we decided to take a risk and rest a little. I was pretty surprised by the quality of room we got i did not expect this one bit. Room has really nice with wood floors amazing mural on the ceiling of the sky. The bathroom was large and had a bathtub not just a shower! Next time i am in town and need a room i will look no rather then Kearney Motel I highly doubt anyone not even the franchises have rooms like this for an unbeating price! O yea they also had plenty of cable channels and a large LED TVs!

Room Tip: The manager told us all the rooms are the same with the ceiling mural just different color schemes.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I've booked this place online bec of the good reviews and wanted to see about the room's ceiling. I've never stayed in a motel so I thought I'll risk it. Prior to booking , I've stated that we are celebrating my husband's Bday. As we've approach the place , it was in a ghetto area. Lots of truckers too. We've also found out that there are lots of prostitution in that area (I can just imagine their beddings). It's a family owned business so it's really penny pinching. We've stayed two nights and we wanted to leave the first 30 mins we've arrived but it's too late bec there's no refund. The check in is outside (literally u are standing outside divided by a window). It costs us $150 for two nights and I so regret my curiosity to try this place. We've asked for extra towels and never received it. Their towels are so tough and rough like it's scraping your skin off! We made the first night. The second day, after my husband and I came from eating breakfast, I saw the cleaning lady and asked if we can have extra towels, she had a hard time understanding me so I've asked in Spanish (I speak enough of it). The owner from nowhere came towards us and said that his son told him not to clean our room so we didn't get clean towels. I've said that we need clean towels so he followed us all the way to our room and made him give him our dirty towels! It's ridiculous! Then he'd said that we have to be quiet when we talk in our room. Wow!! My husband wanted to punch him bec he was rude. We weren't even talking loud. We just wanted to get the hell out of there . Also, we ran out of toilet paper and we had to go to the office to get it. On top of that, the wife said she will bring it to our room when I was already out there! We left at 5am bec we needed the rest otherwise we would had left the first night! It was a horrible management n experienced. Horrible service!!!! So Pls ppl it's worth to pay extra dollars for good service and better location. Don't make the same mistake like I have. Nothing special in this place at all! The money isn't worth it even if it's 25 dollars per nite! The owners are very judgemental and they will spy on everything u do! Dont stay here!

• Stayed: January 2015
6  Thank Cadi2003
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Drove to Long Beach a day early for a cruise to Mexico. Stayed here and had a very good experience. Rooms are clean and the owner is nice. We felt safe even after seeing the local neighborhood (a mix of industrial & residential.) Will definitely stay again next time we cruise.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Live4Hawaii
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked the Kearney Motel on Long Beach online, kind of taking a chance since we only had pictures to look at. We were however very pleasantly surprised at what we found when we arrived at the Kearney.

This is a very small motel located in a residential area adjacent to an industrial area by the port of Long Beach. It was easy to find (using the GPS) and it had ample parking for one car per room. The parking did require that in order to leave one needs to back out but that wasn't a problem.

The room itself (#7) was very clean and in good repair. This showed us that the owners care about their motel and about their guests. Everything worked and the TV was great. The only negative was that the in-wall air conditioner was quite loud and we had to turn it off in order to get a good night's sleep.

There are no real restaurants in the area other than a couple of fast food places and a take out Mexican restaurant that seems to be mainly used to feed the truckers from the port. We ordered a take-out meal because we were starving and it turned out to be a great meal with more than ample quantity.

Even though the Kearney is located in a residential area adjacent to an industrial area, the price was very good for Long Beach, and it was only about a 5 minute drive to the center of all of the restaurants near the Convention Center. We were attending a convention at the Long Beach Arena and found the location of the Kearney to be very convenient.

We felt that the location was good considering the short drive to downtown Long Beach and that for the price the Kearney is a great value! We would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 which is adjacent to the owner's suite and found it to be a quiet room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business