“Visit to Long Beach for first time.”
Review of Kearney Motel

and 1 more site!
Kearney Motel
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 21 July 2015

The motel was located in downtown Long Beach. Neighborhood was quiet. Our only issue was parking for it was a smaller motel. But the staff is unbelievably accomodating. The front desk person was the most accommodating we had to deal with among any hotels. Wow he was very helpful. Wish I knew his name. We went there 7/19. We checked in 3pm. We were the couple from Sac. If you saw this review, step forward. Thanks for your accommodations and the guide of Long Beach you gave us. he gave us directions to The Pike. The owner is precious. We checked out the next morning 7/20. He did an excellent job remodelling the entire facility.he invested a lot of time and money to make sure the place is modern and unique for the guests. It had this cloud ceiling that was unique, and loved the modern look yet elegant. Thank you for your accommodation. We will be back.we guarantee that.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to entrance/exit so getting out would not be too much an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank raquel r

Reviewed 14 April 2015

The room was beautiful. Very clean, very nicely furnished with a microwave, mini fridge, dining table for 2, mirrored walls, giant bed, and hardwood and tile flooring. Much, much more than I expect of a place charging $65. Other amenities included two small bars of soap and two single-use pouches of shampoo/conditioner and enough towels for me. The downside to this establishment is the neighborhood, which looks rough. However, I was fine walking to/from Alberto's Mexican Food at 9pm and then Winchell's 24-hour cafe at 6:30am, but I felt like I had to have my "leave-me-alone" face on. And for the most part, it was pretty quiet and I was able to sleep peacefully. Parking lot is small, but I had no problem getting my car in. The arrangement is just a little strange (all slanted spots...look at it on google maps to see what I'm talking about), and may be difficult for a large car to get back out of it. All-in-all, I am very happy with my stay. The owner was extremely courteous and made sure I was comfortable. He even showed me the blacklight in the room that makes the ceiling mural look like a beautiful night sky. I would definitely stay here again for a 1 or 2 day stopover. It would be best to use as a night-time base of operations and place to crash from a day of exploring nicer areas of the Long Beach & Los Angeles locales. I didn't explore too much of it's area beyond grabbing dinner/breakfast, but as far as I could tell, there's not much touristy stuff offered in that neighborhood. Both the dinner burrito and breakfast sandwich were outstanding and cheap.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 6, which was really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank Bryson J
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I am not sure why this place has been rated that high. My experience at this place was a total disappointment. The motel is located in a strange neighborhood, full of trucks and factories. The room does not have a phone. So if you need something in the middle of the night, you have to walk to the owner's house and buzz a ring to talk to her. There were thee relatively large towels in my room, all of them had clear black stains on. They looked so dirty, I could not use them. Imagine a long day of driving, you get to the motel and the water is not even warm enough to take a shower. They were visible strains of hair on the bed sheet. While laying on the bed, instead of being relaxed, the whole night I felt disgusted. I found every thing about this place really disappointing. I did not enjoyed my stay there at all. And honestly, I don't recommend this place to any one else. Next time, I pay a little bit more rather than being tortured the whole time.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank Shadi T
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Me and my wife were driving to San Diego from San Francisco. Got late and we were about 2 hours away from our destination so we decided to take a risk and rest a little. I was pretty surprised by the quality of room we got i did not expect this one bit. Room has really nice with wood floors amazing mural on the ceiling of the sky. The bathroom was large and had a bathtub not just a shower! Next time i am in town and need a room i will look no rather then Kearney Motel I highly doubt anyone not even the franchises have rooms like this for an unbeating price! O yea they also had plenty of cable channels and a large LED TVs!

Room Tip: The manager told us all the rooms are the same with the ceiling mural just different color schemes.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I've booked this place online bec of the good reviews and wanted to see about the room's ceiling. I've never stayed in a motel so I thought I'll risk it. Prior to booking , I've stated that we are celebrating my husband's Bday. As we've approach the place , it was in a ghetto area. Lots of truckers too. We've also found out that there are lots of prostitution in that area (I can just imagine their beddings). It's a family owned business so it's really penny pinching. We've stayed two nights and we wanted to leave the first 30 mins we've arrived but it's too late bec there's no refund. The check in is outside (literally u are standing outside divided by a window). It costs us $150 for two nights and I so regret my curiosity to try this place. We've asked for extra towels and never received it. Their towels are so tough and rough like it's scraping your skin off! We made the first night. The second day, after my husband and I came from eating breakfast, I saw the cleaning lady and asked if we can have extra towels, she had a hard time understanding me so I've asked in Spanish (I speak enough of it). The owner from nowhere came towards us and said that his son told him not to clean our room so we didn't get clean towels. I've said that we need clean towels so he followed us all the way to our room and made him give him our dirty towels! It's ridiculous! Then he'd said that we have to be quiet when we talk in our room. Wow!! My husband wanted to punch him bec he was rude. We weren't even talking loud. We just wanted to get the hell out of there . Also, we ran out of toilet paper and we had to go to the office to get it. On top of that, the wife said she will bring it to our room when I was already out there! We left at 5am bec we needed the rest otherwise we would had left the first night! It was a horrible management n experienced. Horrible service!!!! So Pls ppl it's worth to pay extra dollars for good service and better location. Don't make the same mistake like I have. Nothing special in this place at all! The money isn't worth it even if it's 25 dollars per nite! The owners are very judgemental and they will spy on everything u do! Dont stay here!

• Stayed: January 2015