Beachrunner's Inn
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$179
US$310
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$94
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$191
Priceline
Hotel Current(Long Beach)
US$125
The Varden Hotel(Long Beach)
US$159
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsceiling fanbreakfast was deliciouslaguna beachlovely homeextra touchesbed and breakfasteach morningfresh fruita great staylocation is idealwould stay here againthree nightsother guestswe've stayedwithin walking distanceparking lotbnb
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Beachrunners' Inn for 4 nights during a 3 day training I attended in the South Bay area. Since the training took up most my days and went to dinner with friends on a couple of nights, I did not spend extensive time at the B&B. I was running late checking in on my first night due to traffic driving down from LA at rush hour, I was concerned about arriving past 6pm and the possible charge for check in past 6, but I called ahead to advise and Pat was gracious about the late check in and did not charge me. She was also very helpful in suggesting restaurants for dinner that evening. The room was comfortable and nice (I think one of the larger rooms perhaps). It was upstairs so it was a bit warm as Pat had advised about no air conditioning when I reserved, so that was not unanticipated. There was a ceiling fan and box fan which helped.
A couple of the quirks I experienced were as follows: Upon arrival, the only towels supplied in the bathroom were 2 hand towels. I did not realize this until after I arrived back from dinner and felt it was too late to bother Pat about asking at that time. Although I briefly saw Pat the next morning before leaving for my training, I forgot to mention it to her. I did think that perhaps the lack of towels (no bath towels, no wash cloths and no bath mat) might be noticed when the room was cleaned that day but alas not. I went out for dinner with a friend and again forgot to mention it that evening, so I called the next day and I think I spoke with Pat's daughter about the missing towels. She was very apologetic and said she would supply the room with all the towels right away...and they were all there when I arrived back that evening! An oversight I am sure, but just thought I should mention it.
The other quirk I found was the locking of the doors for the house. Pat gave the explanation to me upon arrival about the keys and which locks to use. Even though I was tired, I did manage to remember, though I can see how others could be confused and lock the doors in reverse so the guests keys cannot open the doors. Subsequently, I was locked out of one or more doors/gates on more than one occasion due to guests locking the wrong locks - though the main issue was the night I was locked out completely. Fortunately, Pat was home and between knocking or ringing at the door and then calling her, I was able to get into the house right away. It was, however, a bit disconcerting!
I was happy that there was off street parking available for the guests; it is in an alley, however, and after dark (traveling alone), the alley felt a little uncomfortable to me, so I tried to park on the street instead on nights I arrived later after dark. If I had been traveling with someone else, I would have felt more at ease with that situation.
As mentioned in another review, the garden hot tub area did not seem to appeal as far as spending much time.... if I had had the time to spend as it seemed a bit dark and not particularly inviting.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay and the house was cozy. It would have been nice to have full window curtains in the bathroom to add more privacy in the warm months when keeping the window open (the window itself is a privacy window, but that is irrelevant when you want or need to keep the window open) - there were apartments directly next door in immediate proximity so that would be a great addition to that room.
I can say my room was quiet and peaceful overall which was appreciated!
There are a lot if great restaurant options available within a reasonably short distance - though a car or transportation is preferable to reach a number of them....Belmont Shores, Downtown LB, etc. There is a great little juice bar right next door to the inn with fresh juices and smoothies available (fruit and vegetable options)...delicious and healthy!
I could hear the waves in the morning and that was lovely although I unfortunately did not have the time to spend at the beach this trip.
I was a bit on the run in the mornings so only had the chance to have some fruit for breakfast and did not get the chance to try the hot breakfast - though I had intended to do so!
I can recommend Beachrunners Inn...it is always different staying in a B&B vs. a hotel - many of those differences can be good - it just simply depends on your needs and preferences. Beachrunners Inn is a nice historic home in a good location with lovely hosts.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dblms
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our second time staying at Beachrunners and we were again very pleased. Pat and her daughter Courtney, the owners, are so knowledgable about the area and so pleasant and helpful. A great bonus this time was right next door - a juice and smoothie bar, with every kind of fruit and veggie combination you can think of. Our room was clean and comfortable - nicely decorated, but a little small. Hope to make our reservations earlier next time, so we can have one of the bigger upstairs room. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan H
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I made a solo, work-related trip to Long Beach and got really lucky in finding the Beachrunners' Inn. It's in a great location, my room was great, and our host was incredible. I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast enough -- they were so accommodating and sweet, it really made my trip a lot more comfortable and my experience in Long Beach very memorable.

Quiet, charming rooms, great breakfast, snacks available, adorable amenities, and a hot tub! They're very detail oriented and WELL worth the price!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Reasonably priced and situated in a quiet residential area in Long Beach not too far from E 2nd St with its selection of bars, restaurants and everything, this B&B had everything we expected. It's in a nice, mid-sized house and we had a pretty spacious rooms that had everything we needed. The place was perfectly clean, the hostess was friendly and helpful. If there is anything at all to bicker about it's that I find check-in by 6pm to be a bit early (if you're coming in from L.A.'s notoriously congested freeways and all) but it worked for us and as far as I understand you can check in later if you let them know in advance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s-j-777-ch
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My son and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Beachrunner's Inn. The house itself is beautifully furnished and decorated. Very quiet at night even with late arriving guests. We loved the location in a neighborhood of historic homes just blocks from the beach. We had a rental car but mostly chose to walk to restaurants and the beach. We enjoyed meeting others at the delicious communal breakfast. Pat is a friendly and attentive hostess. She noticed my first morning that I hadn't eaten the meat breakfast casserole, so the next morning she made a breakfast sandwich without the meat just for me. In 35 years of being vegetarian, that had never happened to me before! My favorite part of the breakfast spread was the fresh fruit cups--a colorful combination of berries and other fruit.

Pat was also able to direct us to many of the local restaurants, most notably the museum that serves delicious food on their patio overlooking the beach. We truly enjoyed our stay in her lovely home.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family