US$179
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$220
US$189
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

US$295
US$209
Hyatt.com
US$169
  • Breakfast included
The Varden Hotel(Long Beach)
US$139
US$159
  • Pool
Hotel Royal(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsceiling fanbreakfast was deliciouslaguna beachlovely homeextra toucheseach morningfresh fruitbed and breakfasta great staylocation is idealwould stay here againthree nightslong beach areaother guestswe've stayedwithin walking distancechecking in
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This isn't a luxury hotel, and that's why my husband and I booked it. It's hard to find places in Long Beach that aren't either incredibly expensive (and in the busy, boring downtown) or frighteningly shabby. Beachrunner's Inn is a pretty, comfortable house that's just a 4-minute walk from the beach and a 10-minute walk from 4th Street's Retro Row restaurants, bars, and shops. It's the perfect place to stay if you want to get a feel for the loveliest parts of Long Beach without even moving your car.

Parking, though, is a real perk. There's a lot just behind an excellent juice bar. Never having to worry about street parking was so nice.

The inn itself is small, quiet, and homey. We stayed in a room with a comfortable king-sized bed. We were longing for air conditioning on this hot May weekend, but the fans and cross breezes from windows kept us reasonably cool.

We didn't use the common rooms, but felt free to do so--we never ran into other guests, except at breakfast. I didn't eat, but my husband said it was very good--eggs, fresh fruit, juice. I DID have coffee, and it was much better than the usual hotel coffee.

We really like a hands-off, come-and-go-as-you-please approach, and so were pretty happy with our stay. We liked keying in and out of the building, and didn't mind not having instant, 24/7 access to the proprietors. We knew they were just a phone call away.

Because we have family in Long Beach, we visit a few times a year. We've tried hotels and a few Airbnbs, and Beachrunner's is one of the more pleasant, easy, affordable places we've stayed. And the location is ideal.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claireclaire
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This was my second visit to Beachrunners Inn. Still a nice place to stay, but seemed to be lacking the nice, personal touches of my last visit.
Room was fine, but was missing shampoo. No big deal, as I had some.
Breakfast was more basic than I remember. A cooked item, sitting in the pan in which it was made, was placed in the middle of the table. With breakfast starting at 7a, if you happen to get down at 8:30a or 9:00a, your breakfast would be quite cold.
Still a beautiful house, and is like visiting your aunt's home. Not so sure of another repeat visit.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I'll admit, I've never stayed at a bed-and-breakfast before so some of this may be par for the course. This property is well-cared for and clean for the most part. However, I believe it's time for a deep cleansing. (There is plenty dust and dirt in the less conspicuous areas.) Although located on a fairly busy street, it's remarkably quiet and parking was never an issue. The one thing I couldn't get used to was a host/hostess not being readily available if there were any issues (e.g. key "problems," user error or not.) Also, breakfast was made at the beginning of the breakfast period, and merely left out on the table. Again, no host/hostess to be found until clean up time. I was hoping to see what the attraction is to a B&B, but I just can't see it. Sorry.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Barbara was very helpful when I made the reservations. I am handicapped and she put me in their down stairs room, so I would not have to climb the fairly steep set of stairs that were shown on their website. At check in Pat helped us get settled and showed us around. Very nice B&B. We were in town to visit friends and family. We stayed in the Catalina room. Had double paned windows, so no noise from outside could be heard. The bed was very comfortable. The only problem we had was finding the small alleyway that leads to the parking lot, you must call and speak to Pat to get precise directions. We ended up going past it a couple of times before we found it. Breakfast was very good. The coffee was wonderful. We would definitely stay there again, the next time we go visit our friends and family.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We stayed at this lovely home a quick kid free getaway and couldn't have been more pleased. We were in the upstairs Laguna Beach room which was very nice, clean, and cozy. I appreciate seeing pride of ownership in this family run b&b and loved (loved!) the attention to detail, keeping the integrity of the home and creating a warm and comforting feel with the decor. The owner, Pat, was absolutely lovely and very welcoming! I also was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful breakfast and snacks that normal hotels would make you pay ridiculous amounts for. Speaking of, this is not a hotel, it's a home where they make you feel like a family guest (a wanted family guest, lol). So, if you view it in this light, you will enjoy all that makes Beachrunners' Inn unique. I would definitely will recommend to others and would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple