Beachrunner's Inn
US$207
US$199
Courtyard
  • Pool
The Varden Hotel(Long Beach)
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$216
US$187
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Room Service
US$244
US$184
  • Pool
Super 8 Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$283
US$264
Hotel Current(Long Beach)
US$125
All reviewsceiling fanbreakfast was deliciouslaguna beachlovely homeextra touchesbed and breakfasteach morningfresh fruita great staylocation is idealwould stay here againthree nightsother guestswe've stayedwithin walking distanceparking lotbnb
Reviewed 3 June 2017

My husband and I spent had a delightful stay at the Beachrunner's Inn in mid-May. We always stay at B&B's when possible. We love the extra touches, and the personal contact. Pat and Courtney were gracious and welcoming, and we loved getting to meet the whole family! The location is fantastic--restaurants, the art museum, and the downtown walking distance. Plus, it is only a few blocks to the ocean front path, which goes for miles. My husband was there for a bike event, and they let him park his bike in a safe place overnight. The toiletries in the bathroom were deluxe! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I thought this was a great stay for the price. It is on Broadway near several restaurants in Long Beach. My room was small, but comfortable. The bed could have been more comfortable. There was a ceiling fan and a small TV with a DVD player. I did not watch TV, but there are lots of movies to choose from downstairs. Breakfast was nice, although next time I will ask if they can make some vegetarian hot options. It is not a fancy place, and it kind of feels like house sitting. I would stay here again. There is parking behind the nearby juice bar.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This isn't a luxury hotel, and that's why my husband and I booked it. It's hard to find places in Long Beach that aren't either incredibly expensive (and in the busy, boring downtown) or frighteningly shabby. Beachrunner's Inn is a pretty, comfortable house that's just a 4-minute walk from the beach and a 10-minute walk from 4th Street's Retro Row restaurants, bars, and shops. It's the perfect place to stay if you want to get a feel for the loveliest parts of Long Beach without even moving your car.

Parking, though, is a real perk. There's a lot just behind an excellent juice bar. Never having to worry about street parking was so nice.

The inn itself is small, quiet, and homey. We stayed in a room with a comfortable king-sized bed. We were longing for air conditioning on this hot May weekend, but the fans and cross breezes from windows kept us reasonably cool.

We didn't use the common rooms, but felt free to do so--we never ran into other guests, except at breakfast. I didn't eat, but my husband said it was very good--eggs, fresh fruit, juice. I DID have coffee, and it was much better than the usual hotel coffee.

We really like a hands-off, come-and-go-as-you-please approach, and so were pretty happy with our stay. We liked keying in and out of the building, and didn't mind not having instant, 24/7 access to the proprietors. We knew they were just a phone call away.

Because we have family in Long Beach, we visit a few times a year. We've tried hotels and a few Airbnbs, and Beachrunner's is one of the more pleasant, easy, affordable places we've stayed. And the location is ideal.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claireclaire
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This was my second visit to Beachrunners Inn. Still a nice place to stay, but seemed to be lacking the nice, personal touches of my last visit.
Room was fine, but was missing shampoo. No big deal, as I had some.
Breakfast was more basic than I remember. A cooked item, sitting in the pan in which it was made, was placed in the middle of the table. With breakfast starting at 7a, if you happen to get down at 8:30a or 9:00a, your breakfast would be quite cold.
Still a beautiful house, and is like visiting your aunt's home. Not so sure of another repeat visit.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I'll admit, I've never stayed at a bed-and-breakfast before so some of this may be par for the course. This property is well-cared for and clean for the most part. However, I believe it's time for a deep cleansing. (There is plenty dust and dirt in the less conspicuous areas.) Although located on a fairly busy street, it's remarkably quiet and parking was never an issue. The one thing I couldn't get used to was a host/hostess not being readily available if there were any issues (e.g. key "problems," user error or not.) Also, breakfast was made at the beginning of the breakfast period, and merely left out on the table. Again, no host/hostess to be found until clean up time. I was hoping to see what the attraction is to a B&B, but I just can't see it. Sorry.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo