US$159
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$189
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$240
Doubletree.com
US$241
US$209
US$215
US$199
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

US$129
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$135
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

The Varden Hotel(Long Beach)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Royal(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomfort innfront deskking suitepark and cruise packagefree breakfastwould definitely stay here againlong beach areayogurtconvention centerrooms were very cleansan pedrofire pitparking lotbed was very comfortablemicrowavecaliforniaproperties
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Everything was very good on the inside, the rm was very nice and the beds very comfortable, but as far as the outside goes, it literally looked like a warzone of like a tornado had come thru. I knew they were doing renovations but nothing like this! And not to this extent. They really should've closed their hotel during this time, better to lose SOME money and have it closed then lose more money by offending guest and losing them for future stays....I, for one will never be staying here again. And another thing, they couldn't have the breakfast for some reason so they gave us a voucher for the Starbucks close by but it was only enough for ONE person. When I asked them if I could have another one, they said they could only give out one per rm....Needless to say, it definitely didn't make up for the breakfast we didn't get at the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank desratlindaS
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stay here for 1-2 nights a week on business in Long Beach, so I knew about the construction before booking. Hotel choices close to here are limited, but my experience is really pleasant every week. James is always there to check me in, greeting me warmly by name. Mirna always has the room neat and tidy, and it's nice to have the A/C already on in the room when I arrive-- it's been pretty humid in Socal lately. It's these little nice touches that keep me coming back.

The rooms are pretty spacious, and in additon to the A/C it's always nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. A nice little desk and chair for me to work on my laptop as well.

The construction can indeed seem pretty rough for folks looking for a pool or entrances that may be blocked. But there's never any activity at night or when I'm in my room, so it really isn't a big deal other than seeing it when you arrive. I mean, how many people really come to swim in the pool here? Downtown LB is amazing and not far away. Much better way to spend leisure time if you're staying here.

The neighborhood is mixed, though I've never felt unsafe when coming or going. There's an Albertson's grocery store, CVS, and Starbucks right across the street, so I really appreciate the convenience when I need something.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms (balcony and normal) have no foot traffic passing the windows
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Cliff S
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I booked this hotel on March 13 for a two night stay on July 25th and 26th. The confirmation I received said that they did have "guest room upgrades and public area enhancements" going on from December 2016 until March 2017. When my husband and I arrived to check in July 25th, I couldn't believe the hotel was even open. The pool was filled with construction debris, and there was black plastic covering most of the first floor all around the building. My husband went in to talk to the front desk person, who didn't seem too concerned about the state of this place. Needless to say, we did not stay there that night. I will be contacting Choice Hotel's corporate offices about this...hopefully they'll care enough to at least respond.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
comfortablelb, General Manager at The Cove Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hello,

We sincerely apologize that our hotel property was still going under renovations at your day of arrival. Initially our time table was to be completed by March 2017, but with the delays we have had to alter these dates and have reflected this on all our booking websites. We contact our arriving guests notifying them of the delay via email or phone. I am so sorry, I am not sure if there may have been a slip up or if you may have booked through a third party which doesn't reveal contact information for our guests. As you've mentioned about the black tarp, we do have this up to create a safety barrier from the construction area. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused during your trip.

Have a great day,
Noeleen B.M. Taufete'e

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The good:

The hotel is conveniently located near many eateries and groceries. The hotel is also a short drive from the convention center and the beach and provides an affordable alternative to the pricier options down there.

Our room was clean and spacious. While there were few extras, the fridge was nice. The complimentary breakfast was modest but plentiful.

The bad:

The pool area as well as one of the corridors of the hotel were under construction. We had to walk through the construction to get to our room. I'm sure everything will be great when they are done, but at the time it was somewhat of a nuisance.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank H4931YJadams
Reviewed 21 June 2017

This hotel should not be taking guests at this time. It is fully under construction, it is unsafe, construction starts on the site at or before 7 a.m. Spider and roach in the room. See my pictures... unsightly, no pool (understatement)
No breakfast as stated.
Only a coffee pot in the lobby.
Totally unacceptable conditions. Should be shut down during renovations this severe.
I do have to say that the front desk staff was very friendly. They were the only good thing about the place

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business