“Great Dine-In, Not Great To-Go”

Ahimsa Vegan Kitchen & Cafe
Ranked #166 of 1,190 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Indian
Reviewed 11 April 2018

My boyfriend and I really enjoy this place, however I wish the food would stay hotter for longer when we get it to go, because it isn't that great after it's cooled down. We have issues placing to go orders here. Even when I ask the employee if they included everything including plasticware in our to-go order, they say yes, and we find ourselves not being able to eat our food when we get to the beach, because they lied and didn't include it. Food also tends to sit to get cold for a while before they deliver to tables. 4 stars for quality when you eat there. Minus one star for lack of attention to detail and for how quickly the food gets cold ~ 15 minute ride home. They need to use better to-go packaging to preserve heat.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Delightful menu with so many options. If you happen to want vegan and have a "non-vegan" companion, there are lots of "alternative" options so everyone is happy. If they didn't know it, they might never guess the alternative meats aren't real. The fresh fare is a welcome relief to so many of the options in Long Beach. And the prices are quite fair.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I spent some time with friends here. Excellent food, great organic beverages. An absolute recommendation!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I went here with my niece and had a nice dinner. Comfortable, casual environment and great healthy meal choices. The Thai bowl with tofu was amazing and the Iced Hibiscus tea was perfect. We were able to linger over our tea and catch up on long overdue conversation. Very relaxing.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Found the Ahimsa Café on our recent visit to Long Beach. The food is fabulous! Would highly recommend to Vegans, Vegetarians & everybody else. I wish we had spent more time in Long Beach to experience more of their awesome menu. Will definitely go back if visiting the area again.