“Beautiful view-Enjoy a great 2-6pm happy hour m-th ”

Boathouse on the Bay
Ranked #39 of 1,246 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse on the Bay is a steak and seafood restaurant situated on Alamitos Bay in Long Beach and serves an array of fresh seafood, steak, sushi, sashimi, oysters and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Husband took me for our anniversary. Meant to do a full dinner but I'm a happy hour kinda girl so instead hung around for a few hours before my surprise gondola ride - yes husband rocks!!!! and tried a ton of different starters and a few sushi:-) Crispy calamari YUM (10$ happy hour) prosciutto &fig pizzette -good but heavy on the fig, light on the prosciutto (10$ happy hour) -I'm trying the BBQ chicken flatbread next time, sushi ca roll YUM 11$, spicy tuna roll- good 11$, three amigo roll SUPER YUM 16$ and my most favorite Crispy Rice w spicy Tuna $15. Happy hour is 2-6pm th 5$ beer, $7 wine and wells, $8 margaritas, $10 starters 1/2 off selected sushi all day Tuesdays. Monday's 2$ oysters, Wednesday 1/2 off bottles of wine. There's also strolling magicians that look cool on certain nights and live music that changes throughout each week (call or look at website for specifics). Beautiful restaurant in the classy old school balboa island type way (not weird hipster/millennium-sorry nothing personal but I like the clean classy comfortable old school Audrey Hepburn feel) overlooking alamitos bay- uber/lyft as parking here sucks (plus allows you to enjoy drinks stress free). I'm bringing my mom, grandma and daughter here -and all ages will feel comfortable and welcome for a champagneandcanvas.com class (review to come). I've been dreaming of that crispy rice w spicy Tuna roll. Drinks are good but stick w simple as we tried a few fancy/15$ ones that were house specialities - good but next time I'll stick to a rum and coke or glass of house wine via happy hour pricing. Really a nice place and if you go during happy hour, you won't break the bank. I'm really looking forward to going again!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Parking is free or you can utilize the valet parking. We had reserved a table through Open Table and we were seated right away when we arrived. There was live entertainment which made our visit more enjoyable. Service was excellent and server Janine was very friendly and attentive to us. My wife ordered the habit sandwich in which she said was very good. I ordered the clam chowder and Halibut dinner and it was very good also. The menu is a little pricey but it was expected for the type of food it was. We both enjoyed our meals and will definitely be coming back again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My dad & I were on business in Long Beach and i have booked this restaurant via opentable where it was recommended.
When we arrived we got a really warm welcome from the staff and get a really cool table outside.
Very good service as well as the food and location.
Great wine list.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

A great location to enjoy a Califonia sunset and a very good bottle of Red Zinfindel wine. Enjoyed apps on the patio and enjoyed a perfect sunset. The staff was pleasant and service was great .

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had a reservation for 13 for dinner at 5:30. We were seated promptly at a table sized for eight and set for 13. Honestly, when I sit down and the person next me's bread plate is in front of me - that is not great.

Apparently there was a party of 16 outside on the deck. So? If you take the reservation for 13 people, you should be able to provide enough space for us.
The food was very good, I would give it 4 or even 5 stars based just on the food. The waitress was a bit stressed but did a remarkable job - the management could have assigned her a helper but they were too busy flirting with the other waitresses. We would like to return, the location is great - right on the water, the fish is tasty and well prepared - but a smaller group would definitely be better for us and them.