The LINE(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$350
US$335
  • Restaurant
Airtel Plaza Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$127
  • Pool
The Carlyle Inn(Los Angeles)
US$381
US$263
Official Site
W Hollywood(Los Angeles)
US$233
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$260
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Normandie(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$143
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

US$351
US$281
US$209
US$191
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2014

This hotel was much cheaper than the other LA hotels I saw online. And I guess you get what you pay for. The room was dark, smelly, gross and noisy, I didn't even want to take my shoes off. To be fair, we had booked one of the cheaper rooms, maybe the pricier ones are better. But the corridors were even worse, they stank like stale old cigarette smoke. The location was a bit of a ghetto too, it's in a shady area of Downtown. And the cab driver who took us back to the airport told us the hotel had been the scene of a series of spooky murders! They changed the name from The Cecil after the last incident which was in 2013, one of the guests went missing and was mysteriously found dead in the building's water tank. Google it! And what ever you do, don't drink the tap water.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
21  Thank WildArrows
Reviewed 6 December 2014

The hostel was sort of fine for its purposes but it was not an overall good experience. Especially the fact that my booking was almost declined because I had some problems with my credit card (and couldn't pay the 50 dollar deposit by card). I offered to pay cash but this was impossible at first. Then, luckily, the woman offered to let me pay a 100 dollar deposit (crazy) in cash. When I asked why, it was because the rooms were shared (don't know why that would matter) and in case I would make the towels dirty. Seriously? I arrived in a room with one bunkbed but no other guests (which was nice, of course) and I ended up using my own towel.

I didn't like downtown LA much, but that was ok because I spent the day at the beach and it was close to the train station, where I had to be in the morning. For any longer vacation I would advise anyone to stay away from downtown LA.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Annika B
Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, beautiful place, perfect staff, little bit better than your usual hostel. Rooms are clean. Good location for buses and metro. Downtown LA is now perfectly safe and welcoming. Next door, there's a fine foods organic restaurant (very cheap).

Stayed: November 2014
4  Thank Jovan Vladimir B
Reviewed 24 November 2014

When I booked this hotel, all my friends that lives in LA said this will be a dangerous area. However, the streets and people near this hotel are very nice and friendly. This location is golden for its low price. the hotel is right in downtown, next to the 7th street metro station and only one stop away from Staples center/LA live. Highly recommended for backpackers.
And just a heads up, all the bathrooms/washrooms are shared in hallways like a dorm

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Peng A
Reviewed 13 November 2014 via mobile

I googled the Cecil Hotel (previous name of this hotel) before we booked here, so I was preparing for the worst! Notorious serial killers and the unfortunate/mysterious death of a girl in 2013 who died in the water tank...needless to say I wasn't the one who hit the 'confirm booking' button - that was my boyfriend as he decided it would be an 'experience.' After a 5 hour long greyhound ride from Vegas, I couldn't wait to get my head down.
The hotel entrance is actually really nice, the staff were very very helpful and friendly. For the 'full experience' we booked a room with a shared bathroom, but the girl at the check-in desk very kindly found us a room with a toilet in. This was my first experience ever of staying in a place where I didn't have my own bathroom. But the price was ridiculously low compared to other hotels in the area.
The room itself, very tiny and dated. But I didn't find any bugs in our two night stay which is good because they'd scare me more than the ghosts there!
The hotel is in a good and bad location. Good because you're close to everything - we went to the Staples Center and caught an LA Kings game. Bad because of the actual area itself - we arrived after dark and it's not an area you'd go wondering round alone.
Overall, I would take more money with me on my next American trip and stay somewhere else. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but the actual room, the horror stories & my boyfriend taunting me telling me ghosts were wondering around in the room after I fell asleep - not really a place I'm going to miss...
But how could I expect more for the price we paid? The shared bathroom experience wasn't that bad either, I just stayed in my flip flops because I didn't want to touch the floor with my bare feet - probably my paranoia more than anything though!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple