See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 November 2016

This place is a dump. That's fine, since you're paying for a dump. What's not fine is the arrogance of the personnel.

What's good?
The electricity outlets work

What's bad?
The internet doesn't work.
The cleaners do not clean.
No toilet paper or sinks to wash your hands with the shared toilets.
Cold coffee at the breakfast.
The breakfast has fruit loops and waffles. That's it.

Why did I even bother to write a review?
After Airbnb open ended, I wanted to offer the hotel an opportunity to get a good review. I kindly pointed out that the cleaners only pretended to clean the showers and that the internet doesn't work. The guy behind the front desk said he didn't believe me and that I should find another hotel. I asked to speak to his manager and he said he was his own manager. In regards to the problems mentioned, here were the responses:
- You didn't pay for internet so it shouldn't matter
- I don't care if the shower is dirty since I don't use it

First of all, if you book a room with internet and pay for it, you are paying for internet. I didn't pay for an elevator or a door either, but their listing said they were included so I expect them to work. Second, if you pay for a place which includes cleaning you expect cleaning. Having a person using the title "cleaner" to into the shower, look at it and get out, isn't cleaning when they leave a big amount of hair behind. Third, if a guest is so kind to point out the faults of the staff, the management should be happy. In this case, the manager just got angry.

I won't even bother to describe the room as it's so gross even rats won't set their foot here.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
47  Thank Trankkis
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Budget price equals budget quality. Foyer was wonderful, room not luxury, but ok for the price. Room for was hot so window open meant a noisy night. The general location was ok. Staples Centre 20 mins walk away. Union Station a short cab ride as we were advised against walking the outskirts of Skid Row

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank SteveCh21
Reviewed 7 November 2016

This is a great value-for-money place to stay. It's not super amazing, the bathrooms are small, there's no climate control, etc, it's basically like the best hostel you've ever stayed at- if you don't expect anything more, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
1  Thank nicholas_a_siennicki
Reviewed 6 November 2016

As my Couchsurf had fallen through for my first night in LA I was desperate for a place and this hotel welcomed me with open arms and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Totally loved this hotel, however as a budget backpacker I found this waaay to expensive however that's Downtown LA for you. It was my oasis from the craziness that is Los Angeles! I would also like to mention that the customer service was fantastic and that I appreciated the extra help and time from Elwin (security / helpdesk).

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo