Hotel Bel-Air
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
UCLA Guest House(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Plaza La Reina(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
All reviewswolfgang puckthe beverly hills hotella prairie spadorchester collectionswan lakestone canyonpolo loungecanyon suitesheated floorswood burning fireplacebest hotels in the worldsister propertymoment you arriveroom servicefavorite hotelpool staffbeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2012

They welcome you at your car at the Bel-Air and then walk with you on the bridge over the water with the swans to get to the lobby.The new lobby is very old Hollywood and Art Deco with a fabulous large square fireplace in the center,all in black and white.The walkways are lined with trees and flowers and fountains and look like Italy.The rooms are all high tech with everything controlled by the i-pad and are black and white. The bathroom is serene and has an amazing rainfall type shower.It is very quiet and relaxing.The bed is perfection!The service is very helpful but not bothersome.It is my favorite hotel !They seem to do everything just right.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a private outdoor patio,which was lovely.My brother did not have the patio but loved his fireplace and couch sitting area better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fancythis72
HBAManager, Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a true honor to be called “your favorite hotel.” We hope you will be back to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Have been going to the Hotel BelAir since 1966. It is the best hotel you can possibly imagine. It's worth a trip to LA

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio, not near the road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yeaux

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

A dreadful rhyme I know but frankly this hotel is a fairytale of exclusivity and enchantment. In one sense it is without rival the best hotel in Los Angeles. Let me explain. If arriving after dark you cannot beat the twinkling lights over the water as you cross the bridge to the lobby. Self check in is possible on the i-pads in the rooms but I was processed the traditional way by cheerful staff. My room was a delightful ground floor with a large sunny patio reached by a longish walk past the lozenge shaped pool and several playing fountains. I was totally satisfied with the room including the new technology. Very impressive was the log fire with a pile of logs in the room so you could light it yourself and enjoy the ambiance it leant.
However this hotel is QUIET. Monastery quiet. I felt I had the place to myself with a large staff. Rather like I was in a grand hacienda alone searching in vain for my host who never appeared. It wasn't unpleasant, just unusual. Come the weekend the inevitable wedding appeared. White seats by the pool outside and a ravishing bride swishing around the property all afternoon. I was rather glad to see other people there by this stage. The dining situation is a little too upscale for my tastes. that is to say food is gorgeous but very expensive. A casual cobb salad by the pool for lunch seems unattainable but this is not a criticism just an observation.
I used the fitness room which was very well laid out if small, and the spa too was attractive. Zero points for the hair salon though which appeared to be smaller than my own wardrobe, claustrophobic and with no natural light. Just one girl working there made for a very dull appointment. I wont be going back there for my blow drys.
I never got to grips with when the bar was busy during my 6 day stay - I'm sure it's very nice but wasn't appealing to me at the times I went there in the early evening.
Transportation is slow. One house car is available but given the distance to Rodeo it naturally takes longer than more central hotels to get back. They should have two really but it's a small price to pay to stay at this divine place. Waiting for a taxi when called can take 15 minutes so extra time must be allotted when going anywhere.
It's best to have a lover if you stay at this hotel as romance oozes from every corner. Honeymooners should beat a path to its door as should A-listers who like reclusivity. I was in none of these categories but nevertheless counted myself one of the luckiest people in the world to get to spend a week in this haven.
If money is no object try one of the new canyon view suites which looked fabulous but really any room here is worth a stay if only to say you have been.

Room Tip: Deluxe guestroom with patio was amply big enough for me.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pippa H

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and wonderful review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our most unique feature is our location, minutes from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles just outside the Bel-Air gates but while inside…you could be in Southern Spain. We’re glad you noticed!

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for a few nights while on business in LA. Loved the decor and the rooms. I am not sure why other people thought that technology was complicated..it is pretty straight forward and you can use the Ipad but also the phone to adjust all settings. BTW, there are some switches on the walls in case you really cannot use any touch screen devices... And who in the world doesn't like a warm toilet seat and ability to wash, dry and flush with only one touch???
The staff was superb and I had the best facial ever (Platinum Rare Facial - done by a lady called Carla )at the La Prairie Spa...OMG!!
I felt like home, walking through the beautifully manicured courtyards and walkways. Privacy and serenity..a wonderful oasis.
I will be back soon in LA and will only stay at this hotel.(and will have The Caviar massage this time!)
Great job to all!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Julia P
HBAManager, Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear JuliaP,

We were so pleased to read about your recent stay with us at Hotel Bel-Air. We have 65 years of experience providing this type of service to our guests and we're so glad your experience was memorable.

We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for your business.
Best,

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Used to be the classiest, serene oasis in Los Angeles. Now you cannot turn on a light without using an iPad. And then it's all the lights or none. The bellmen and front office staff are busy running to all the rooms to turn the lights, heat, a/c, etc. on and off for the guests. I asked the the bellman to tell the management that the technology was impossible. He then told me that if he complained for the guests one more time, he would be fired. The person who eliminated every light switch should be fined for ruining the Bel-Air.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Hans S
HBAManager, Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Hans S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. We take these comments very seriously and will discuss them with the team.

We would like to highlight that there are on/off light switches in each room at Hotel Bel-Air with two additional buttons for high and low lighting. The iPad and the touch screen phone are two additional ways to control the lighting, cooling and heating to suit your individual needs.

We were sadened to read about the conversation you had with our bellman. Our policy of open door communication between our employees and management is our trademark so we are disappointed to hear this. The comment completely conflicts with our core values as a company and unfortunately after speaking with our small crew of five-star bellman we can't validate the comment but we do thank you for sharing it with us.

We can assure you, however that since your visit we've completed multiple technology audits and the issues have been corrected. As with any new technology implementation, there is a learning curve for us as well as the clients so we do appreciate your patience and thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Many thanks